PDA

View Full Version : Primrose - the gentlest of hamsters

souffle
03-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Our lovely old lady, last of the Custard lines here at Custard, passed away to the rainbow bridge recently. We knew she was old and tired but it never comes easily when they are taken.
Lady Margaret Primrose to give her her full name came to us from Leedsgurl in 2011. She was the prettiest long haired cinnamon anyone could ever hope to see but her charm lay in her gentle, calm and beautifully sweet disposition. She always wanted a cuddle and appreciated every last look, word, stroke and treat she was given. She would hop on your hand and enjoy sitting on your chest just being stroked. She was never any trouble, an unassuming little creature, who glowed when she had her play time and kept the neatest little cage with everything in its place and a place for everything! She could build some epic nests and spent many evenings moving her mounds of bedding around and resculpting 4 inches away!
She was a special favourite of BigD who liked her 'stripes' and if he went missing you could be sure to find him having sneaky cuddles with Primrose in the hamster room.
We will miss her so much. She is the end of a very special line of Syrians here at Custard. Although the lines still run elsewhere it is not here at it's home anymore. Primrose was meant to continue the line but we felt breeding was not right for her. She was the daintiest of hamsters and we would not consider risking her health or life to breed her - she was too precious.
We cannot thank leedsgurl enough for trusting her to us and to Primrose for sharing and enriching our lives and allowing us to enjoy her beauty, inside and outside for so long.
Play well at the bridge Lady Margaret Primrose....it may be a while but we'll see you again one day xx
love you
Souffle, Pophammy & BigD x
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/Hamsters/ees7_zps66b76619.jpg

CPalmer
03-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Oh Gosh, what a sad thing to read. A lovely tribute though. Play well Primrose.

My Hammy Harriet
03-17-2014, 02:53 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about Primrose. She was a very special girl. She's playing happily at the bridge now.

Always remember, you'll see her again...
xxAmandaxx

Scoobysue
03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks to have been a beautiful girl. That is a wonderful picture, which I'm sure you treasure, along with your memories of her.

Mrs Livingston
03-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh gosh I'm so sorry. They were beautiful words and she sounds a darling... Play well, little one.
H x

kyrilliondaemon
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Play well at the bridge Primrose, I'm sorry for your loss Souffle :(

icklemunch
03-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Sleep tight Primrose x

Sorry for your loss. Beautiful memorial for a beautiful girl.

fluffydd
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm so sorry that Primrose has left you, Souffle. That's a lovely memorial and she sounds like the most amazing hamster and she was beautiful too. *Hugs*

Nancy's Hamsters
03-17-2014, 06:40 PM
RIP Primrose you were a wonderful pet.
Souffle here's a hug to you and yours that the fond memories she left with you will keep her alive in your hearts forever.

Teddy001
03-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm So sorry for your loss- it's very heartbreaking.. Our thoughts are with you and yours..

HammieandMerlin
03-17-2014, 06:54 PM
I am so so sorry and saddened to read this :( rest peacefully, gorgeous girl

evel_lin
03-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Sorry for your loss, play well at the bridge Primrose

Sparkle
03-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge.

racinghamster
03-18-2014, 01:14 AM
Night-night Primrose, gone but not forgotten. x

Munchalot
03-18-2014, 02:32 AM
Sleep tight, sweet Primrose. xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss, souffle. She was such a gorgeous girl, and so loved. Lovely memorial, for a lovely little lady. :( x

The Hamster's family
03-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Ohhhh... =( What a lovely respectful memorial... I'm so sorry it was her time to leave you... I hope her memories can remind you everything amazing you lived with her without all the sadness... many hugs to all of you...

Run free, precious one... Keep shining !

Annie xx

Hamsters4eva x
03-18-2014, 11:01 AM
So sorry for your loss, rest in peace little Primrose. x

leedsgurl
03-18-2014, 11:44 AM
What a beautiful tribute to a very special girl. Thank you for giving her a wonderful home, and a long and happy life.

Play well at the bridge Lady Margaret Primrose x

Bec
03-18-2014, 12:09 PM
What a beautiful tribute. So sorry for your loss, she was a stunning little lady.

Play well at the bridge little one x

DrKMcK
03-18-2014, 04:48 PM
I am sorry that you lost Primrose Souffle. It never gets any easier, no matter how may hams go on to the Bridge. Primrose was a beautiful hammy. I love her photo in the egg; it's a perfect place for a photo of her since she was such a lady. It's also a shame she is the last of her line with you. Run free and play well at the bridge Primrose :(

starbug
03-19-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm so sorry. What a lovely ladyham she was.

suga
03-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Beautiful shines hammie baby. Sleep well little one. Much love to soufflé. Xxxx

Hanhanboban
03-22-2014, 12:24 PM
R.I.P little hammy!

Hannah xx

ANGELBABIES
03-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Another beautiful little baby flown to the rainbow bridge. It is never easy losing them. Their lives are so short but that does not stop us from opening our hearts for more love and giving them a loving home. Play well at the bridge little one - look after Kelpie. xxx

CreamSyrian
03-22-2014, 01:01 PM
So sorry for your loss :( Primrose was a very special little girl and it is clear how much she meant to you. Play well at the bridge little lady x

sparklyfluff
03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Sweet dreams beautiful Primrose, run free at the bridge xx was she the granddaughter of my Butterscotch Souffle?

souffle
03-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I still can't believe they are gone.
Yes indeed sparklyfluff she was a granddaughter to the lovely Butterscotch.xx

Dotty
03-25-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear about you beautiful Primrose x

Pompompoms
03-29-2014, 07:05 AM
So sorry to hear of your beautiful lady passing Souffle, such a gorgeous ham, and sounds like the sweetest character. Play well gorgeous girl xx

peresplace
03-29-2014, 07:45 AM
Really sorry for your loss. They all have there own little characters and I'm sure she is at rainbow bridge organising home improvements as we speak.