PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace, Please, my little Maggie

alanjamesblair
03-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Magellan James Blair Carter died this morning, 1:15am central US time. I saw him sleeping out in the open earlier and thought, silly ham. I picked him up and he seemed tired and it was still sleep time, so I placed him in his bed. Later, he was in the opening again, but wobbling around, so I picked him up and he was wobbling to and fro. I held him in my hands and could see something was wrong. Soon he was wheezing, trying to catch his breath, and he had a rattle, which means the end is near in humans. I held him, cupped in my hands, on his favorite blanket and called his mommy so she could say goodbye. Within a matter of minutes, he made one final movement, to cuddle close to my face, and then several gasps later he was gone.

I loved you so dearly little one. Make friends at the bridge, but know daddy will come for you.

shandy
03-12-2014, 02:05 AM
so sorry for your loss. Play hard at the bridge Magellan.

TraceyH
03-12-2014, 04:26 AM
Oh no, sorry you lost him.

souffle
03-12-2014, 04:29 AM
I'm so sorry but glad he had the time to say goodbye. What better way to fly free than held in the arms of someone who loved him.
Play well at the bridge Magellan and send a rainbow to your family sometime soon xx

CPalmer
03-12-2014, 04:33 AM
:( so sorry. I am glad that you had time to say goodbye. I'm sure he'll have a lovely place to show you when you go to collect him. The bridge will welcome him :)

SquishyHelium
03-12-2014, 06:39 AM
I am very sorry to hear this. How very sad. I lost Titan on Sunday and he was much the same at the end. It sounds like your little one hung on so he could say goodbye just like Titan did with me. xx

fluffydd
03-12-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry that Magellan has left you xx

The Hamster's family
03-12-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss... Just know that he is now somewhere made of peace and hapiness... Many hugs to you...

Be well, little one... Enjoy everything available at the Bridge...

Annie xx

My Hammy Harriet
03-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Awww I'm sorry to hear about Magellan. How sweet of him to want to say goodbye. He has gone on to a happy place now. Play well at the bridge Magellan. xxx

Always remember, you'll see him again....

xxAmandaxx

alanjamesblair
03-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Thank you all! Oh, SquishyHelium, I'm sorry for your loss too, and I hadn't thought that he held on to say goodbye but you are probably right. Thank you.