PDA

View Full Version : I must report

SquishyHelium
03-10-2014, 12:01 PM
That so very sadly, but not unexpectedly, my wonderful little Titan, lost his battle to old age yesterday, aged approximately 2 years and 4 months.

In the previous weeks I could sense that old age was creeping up on him faster than ever before, and yesterday afternoon I found him collapsed in his tunnel. He could barely breathe, was gasping for air and there was fluid coming from his nose. I got straight on to an emergency vet and rushed him in, where he was swiftly freed from his suffering.

I am of course devastated even though it wasn't unexpected. The most heartbreaking thing was seeing him suffer as he fought for air.

Titan was truly the most amazing hamster, so gentle and sweet. His loss will affect me for some time to come, but in time, as I did a few weeks ago with my little Maple, I will write him the tribute that he deserves.

All my love Titan, always and forever a part of my heart x x x

SinNyx
03-10-2014, 12:08 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss...at least you were there for him and to be comfort in his passing. I can see he was well loved and cared for, he will still be in your heart forever, and he and Maple can look out for each other over the bridge.
Run free little man, sweet dreams x

DrKMcK
03-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Oh SquishyHelium, I am so very sorry Titan has gone. It is very hard to see them struggle at the end. I wish all hammies would go gently in their sleep. I know you will miss him terribly :-( Play well at the Bridge Titan. You will be sadly missed :-(

souffle
03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
I am so very sorry. He was a lovely ham and I'm sure he knew how much loved he was.
Play well at the bridge Titan xx

Hambobs
03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you, and as hard as it must have been, you were there to help him when he needed you.

I'm sorry for your loss - rest in peace, Titan...

harryheart
03-11-2014, 03:30 AM
So very sorry to hear! May he run free :)

My Hammy Harriet
03-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Oh Squishy, I'm so sorry to hear about poor Titan. He had a long and happy life with you. Now he's playing at the Bridge with Maple, Jet and my Harriet. You are going to miss him dearly but you still have Domino. We will be here for you.

Always remember, you'll see him again...
xxAmandaxx

fluffydd
03-11-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm sorry that you had to say goodbye to Titan. He had a lovely long and happy life with you. It's so sad when they leave us. *Hugs*

manxlisa
03-11-2014, 04:10 PM
So sorry. My Basil was the same age when he passed x

The Hamster's family
03-12-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss... I sincerely hope that the nice and tender memories will soon take place of those more tragic... Many hugs to you...

Run free, precious one... Enjoy everything available at the Bridge...

Annie xx

SquishyHelium
03-14-2014, 09:05 AM
Thank you all for your kind messages. I am proud to still have Domino, who is now being spoiled with extra things in his cage and more time out. He seems to be enjoying himself. Titan will stay in my heart forever, as will Maple and Jet x