PDA

View Full Version : robo size change

Ness
07-23-2008, 04:42 PM
a few (at least three) months ago I got three robo sisters (they are all girls 100% sure of this) but yuffie who was the smaller one but not a runt is very big as in fat (looks different to being a pregnant robo).

I don't know how to make her lose weight. I'll weigh her at some point I've still not been able to get some good scales. if I cut back her food all the others might lose out.

I know this might seem strange but even her face seems fat.

I've cut back on treats for all of them, and only give the egg white when feeding egg.

shes not ill, doesn't have any lumps, etc.

ideas?

souffle
07-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Not sure about that Ness. Is she active like the others? Maybe she just has a thicker, fluffier coat making her look larger. Even though she has no lumps or bumps there is still a possibility that she is retaining fluid due to a kidney or heart problem. It is unusual for small animals to overeat as they really just eat what they need. You could test her urine for diabetes but I really don't even know if robos get this. Sorry not much help here. Hope she perks up soon.

arikata
07-25-2008, 06:29 AM
I've got the exact same thing with one of my robos, Twix. Whilst all of my other robos weigh around 23g, he is 31g and quite a big chap! I've had him for a fair few months, I think it's just his natural build and not because he is a fatty. He is the most active of all my hamsters and will spend just about all night on his wheel from 10pm until 8am only stopping for a drink and a munch! It's probably nothing to wory about. Make sure that the other robos are eating ok and that she's not taking their food. I did this by simply putting Twix into his ball and feeding his housemate Milkybar Kid so that he gets first spoils. I did this for about a month and nothing changed weight wise, not even by a gram. As I say, it's probably just his natural build (like how some people are naturaly big boned yet another person who eats exactly the same is skinny) but it is worth keeping an eye on her just in case!x