PDA

View Full Version : Buttercup passed away :(

ButterNut
03-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Sorry for being gone for so long, and then coming back only to post something sad but Buttercup passed away yesterday :(
I don't know if you remember me but I'm the one who got the ham that had 9 babies. Buttercup was the mom of those babies. I will miss her so much! She was such a great ham, she always rode on my shoulder like a parrot. I hope she gets all the sunflower seeds she wants in ham ham heaven!
She was 2, going in 3 I believe? I think she died from old age. I knew she was dead immediately when I saw her. She was lieing in the same way that my Pascal did when he died. It's such a pretty little pose, her feet in the air like that. :) I will miss her a lot but I'm glad she was in my life!

I also need to rant. I want to see if you guys think this is messed up too because its apparently fine to my family. My mom who hates hamsters has been really awful about the whole thing. I started crying when I saw her dead, and litterally the same minute I saw her dead my mom was nagging me about crying for a hamster. I walked in to the living room crying and said "what are going to do when one of US dies?" She said the exact same thing when I found Pascal dead. Then a few minutes later when I was still really sad and she was on the computer looking at table cloths or something and asked my opinion about it. I said "I don't really care right now..." Because, um, my hamster had just died?? And she got really angry about it like it was the rudest thing ever. She was still nagging me because she's "just a hamster." And I really can't believe someone would be so insensitive. You know what? Even if someone's spider died and they really loved it, I would still show sympathy and never get mad at them. When I brought her in her little cardboard box coffin in the car to bury her (she looked so precious) she said "don't bring that in my car!"
Even when I was burying her she was nagging me to hurry up. She didn't show one bit of sympathy for her, and even argued with me about something unrelated a few minutes after she died.

I'm so sorry for the huge rant, it just makes me really mad because I like saying goodbye to an animal to be a happy/sad thing instead of a stressful/sad thing. :(
At least she had a good life and died from natural causes.

evel_lin
03-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm sorry you lost her and that your Mom isn't being very sympathetic. I'm sure everyone on this forum at least can empathise with how you're feeling.

Run free little Buttercup

CPalmer
03-03-2014, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry too. What an awful attitude to put up with at the same time as reeling from loss. Rise above it dearheart, at least you knew how special buttercup was and that you looked after each other xx

souffle
03-03-2014, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Buttercup. She was a sweetheart and I remember when she had her babies.
Play well at the bridge Buttercup x

tolennaki
03-03-2014, 01:16 PM
I am so sorry Buttercup died and sorry that your mum is not more supportive exactly the moment you need her. If you have friends or siblings who knew how special she was to you, I am sure they will be there for you.

starbug
03-03-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

manxlisa
03-03-2014, 01:25 PM
So sorry too hear about Buttercup x

fluffydd
03-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm really sorry that Buttercup has left you and that you didn't get more support from your Mom. I feel lucky that I've never had someone say to me that it doesn't matter because it's just a hamster but I know other people who have. I can understand how much that upset you. Buttercup was very important to you and you loved her. The fact that she was a hamster doesn't change that at all. *Hugs* xxx

The Hamster's family
03-03-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss... I sincerely feel for you as not everybody can understand the real bond we have with our little ones... Take comfort in knowing you don,t have to be liek anybody else and you have the right to feel what ever you feel... Just learn to go towards people that will understand your pain and, if cannot understand it, will at least respect it... You are not alone... =) Many hugs to you...

Run free, precious one... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies...

Annie xx

missyme
03-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, your mum is not being sympathetic. What you have to remember is that you are a kind person who sees the value in every living creature, that makes you special and kind.

your hamsters are lucky you loved them as much as you did, don't worry about other people stay true to yourself xx

ANGELBABIES
03-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Hi Butternut - I am so sorry you lost little Buttercup. It is comforting that the little fluff passed peacefully in her own home. Not only are you having to deal with your loss buy also with an unsympathetic attitude. Try not to begrudge or be angry with your mum. She does not know, or has not given herself a chance to let the love of a little fluff into her heart. We are the lucky ones, and our hamster chose us. Come here and rant away as much as you need to. We understand the love and the loss. Play well at the bridge little one. Hugs to you Butternut xx

My Hammy Harriet
03-04-2014, 01:53 AM
I'm so sorry you have to go through all that Butternut, it is really sad when our hamsters die and of course we want or need sympathy from our peers. Even though my stepdad isn't keen on rodents, he gave me a hug when I needed it. It isn't fair that your mum has to behave like that but your friends and everyone on here i bet will be here for you. take care Butternut, you can get through this xxxxx

cowgirlskipper
03-04-2014, 04:49 AM
Second, I to have undergone the same unsympathetic attitude from a person whom was a close friend of mine, she isn't really that close to me now, which still pains me. 3 of my hamsters died all within 2 weeks. I was really down, and I came to school after the third one had died and told her about it. Instead of giving me the hug I needed ( and kind of expected tbh ) she joked about me KILLING them. I was shocked and very hurt. Because I did feel it was my fault. One die of choking, the second of a stroke, and the third of a tumour. She still teases me about it. Even when I got my first guinea pig, she remarked that I would probably kill him to. I just don't know what else to say now....