PDA

View Full Version : Cookie & Fudge (coco's sisters )

blandam
02-22-2014, 03:38 PM
I am sadly back on the memorial thread.
I recently put an entry on after losing our gorgeous little Coco. Tonight (3 weeks after losing Coco) we have sadly lost our cuddly Cookie aged 23 months. As well as having mad run around the house she used to love having cuddles off us. She came out of her bed & for the next 4.5 hours we got to cuddle her. She lay on my chest & stretched forward and gave me a kiss in that time. I am glad she got to have her last cuddles but am absolutely gutted.

We lost her sister Fudge in November (& then coco 3 weeks ago ). We gave them all a home at similar times as people weren't wanting to take them out of the pet shop which was lucky for us as they got to come to live with us.This made them even more special. All 3 had separate personalities and every evening I juggled getting them all out for the night either free running or in a hammie ball. Cookie decided her ball in her cage was for sleeping in & it became her bed. Every night she would come out & come & stand on her back legs & look over to say she was ready to come out.
3 weeks ago she seemed to some kind of fit but I kept her in a towel & carried her around all day & she was back to her old self apart from tonight. The same thing happened but it took her to Rainbow Bridge this time.
We have gone from 3 hammies to none in the space of 4 months.
I will miss them all the same equally but I will miss the 30 mins plus cuddles off Cookie.
Sleep tight little ones. Cookie you have gone to Fudge who will look over you as she did when you were together. Also Coco who you used to tease when you were out & she wasn't, by climbing on her cage & she came running out of her bed like a whippet. You used to move away just so she couldn't have a go at your toes and look at her with a look of look at me out n about.

Pamela
02-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Thats so sad in a short time, Im sorry for your loss. Cookie's cuddles sound too sweet, she must have felt so loved. Run and play free now Cookie, with Fudge and Coco. Play with my Sammy, Ben, Mommy, Nala and Selah too.

blandam
02-24-2014, 03:00 AM
Thank you Pamela. it seems very empty without her & her sisters. They were all in their older years & getting them at the same time there was a good chance they would go around the same time. Going from 3 to no hammies is not nice. At least they are all together. Cookie has gone to her sister Fudge who always used to look out for her. I am sure they will be playing with your Sammy, Ben, Mommy, Nala & Selah.

Wexland
02-24-2014, 05:30 AM
So sorry, these losses are so close together.

souffle
02-25-2014, 08:47 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Cookie & Fudge x

The Hamster's family
02-25-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm soooo sorry for your loss... =( I sincerely hope you can soon remember her with smiles and good memories, with your heart feeling lighter... hugs to you...

Run free, precious one... Blow a kiss to that special someone your left behind...

Annie xx

blandam
02-26-2014, 05:38 AM
Thank you for the messages. Even though I have a hubby n 2 teenagers in the house it seems empty especially at night time. I am used to getting them out to take turns free running, in the ball & having a cuddle (cookie liked those best ). Its gone from manic to nothing. Each time I have found a white feather, that is meant to symbolise someone sending a message that they are ok. So I think they have sent me a message and are all together. Their cages used to be next to each other in the lounge (which looks very empty now ) & they would go see each other when it was their turn to be out n about. I keep wondering if it was coincidence that fudge went in November (age 20 mths ),coco 3 weeks ago (age 19 mths) & cookie last week (age 23 months ) or was their deaths linked. Nothing has & coco had different symptoms to cookie n fudge. Fudge went very quickly we think & have wondered about her heart & cookie (same litter ) had the seizures & then went to rainbow bridge. At least they are now together & they have sent me a message to say they are ok but we still miss the characters.

fluffydd
03-01-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm so sorry you lost your 3 hamster girls so close together xx

kyrilliondaemon
03-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry for the losses :(