PDA

View Full Version : Ferplast Hamsterville Wooden Cage

RhiannonJ
02-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Well, as usual, I'm trying to find another way to spoil my Jinx rotten. I've found this cage on amazon - the Ferplast Hamsterville, and I really like the look of it. It's different from the other Ferplast cages, and I really like the natural look. But it's £69, and I'm a bit nervous about spending that much on a cage (I'm only going on pocket money!). There's one 5 star review on amazon, but I'm not comfortable with just one. I'm guessing the wheel will be unsuitable, but I already have my one so I'm not really bothered. Has anyone had this cage and can give a review? If not, could you take a look and maybe give me some advice?
Here's the link: Ferplast Hamsterville Hamster Wooden Cage, 60 x 34 x 49 cm, Black: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferplast-Hamsterville-Hamster-Wooden-Black/dp/B00FRFS1G8)

squishyhammy
02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
id personally go for the alaska or barney from zooplus. the one your asking about doesnt meet the minimum we suggest which is 80x50cm x

Small Pet Cages ? Alaska Hamster Cage: Free Delivery on orders £25+ at zooplus! (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/284288)

Great Deals on Cages at zooplus!: Barney Pet Cage (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/189303)

RhiannonJ
02-14-2014, 12:18 AM
The only problem with those is that I'm from the UK and it's hard to get hold of zoo plus cages :( I've looked at the Alaska and Barney before and they are great, but I don't know how I'm going to get hold of them...so that cage is too small? :O It's bigger than my cage now (savic bristol)

SinNyx
02-14-2014, 12:43 AM
The ferplast cage is too small...it should be 80x50 cm as squishyhammy said, but it's only 60x34cm....you're much better off looking for a bigger cage...have you considered making a bin cage? It's a great alternative if you can't find a decent cage.

RhiannonJ
02-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Hmm I'm not great with DIY to be honest, but I see what you mean about the ferplast. What a shame - if only it was bigger! Ok, I'm going to look into the Alaska and see if I can find a uk supplier.

empire11
02-14-2014, 02:08 AM
i say no it is too small and if it had tubes then you could buy another ferplast and extend it that is what i have done i love ferplast:) but it tis rather costly:o
empire11

Wexland
02-14-2014, 02:51 AM
RhiannonaJ i ordered an Alaska from Zooplus yesterday and it was despatched last night. I bought a Hamster Heaven from Zooplus also a couple of months ago and it arrived within 3 days.

squishyhammy
02-14-2014, 04:34 AM
The only problem with those is that I'm from the UK and it's hard to get hold of zoo plus cages :( I've looked at the Alaska and Barney before and they are great, but I don't know how I'm going to get hold of them...so that cage is too small? :O It's bigger than my cage now (savic bristol)

im in the uk too and have an alaska as do ,many others on HC. you just sign up to zooplus and use it like amazon. they send them over from germany and for first order its 10%off and orders above £25 free deliivery i think so its easy to get them in the uk

evel_lin
02-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Agreed, I buy from Zooplus frequently (cat food) and they ship fairly quickly and have good customer service. I'd really recommend getting an Alaska or a Barney, not only are they cheaper than the one you linked to, they're bigger and allow more room for toys and enrichment. I've got 2 Alaska's and they have a lovely deep base for filling with substrate. My hybrid has made some wonderful tunnel systems in his

CPalmer
02-14-2014, 07:23 AM
I bought from zooplus too, it arrived within a week :) and it was a massive order. I will definately order again.

Chewster
02-14-2014, 07:27 AM
I also ordered my Alaska cage from Zooplus. The delivery was really quick and it's a great cage. Chewy was originally in a Savic Bristol which was fine when she first arrived but she loves the bigger cage now she's grown! Definitely get one they are great!

RhiannonJ
02-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely get an Alaska when jinx has grown a little more and will be used to the extra space.