PDA

View Full Version : Sleep tight Mabel xx

icklemunch
02-06-2014, 02:16 AM
My beautiful little lady left for the bridge in the early hours of this morning :(.

Mabel came home last July. I got her from a small rescue and was told she was around 12 months. Upon getting her home i realised she had had some sort of stroke in her previous home, she was deaf and her nails were extremely overgrown. Don't let that fool you, she was a very happy little lady who loved her wheel, food and pooing for England!! She was also an absolute sweetheart to handle but had her fiesty moments too. I got told off quite alot!! She enjoyed having a good run in her playpen and most of all mealworms.

She had been slowing down the past week and i knew i wouldn't have much longer with my little lady.
I found her this morning in her forever sleep in her food bowl.
Mabel i shall miss you lots and lots. You stole my heart with your beautiful face and your funny little legs.
Have fun at the Bridge. Say hello to Hamish for me.
Love you baby girl, sleep tight xxxxx

Char
02-06-2014, 02:40 AM
Sleep tight Mabel. Have fun at the rainbow bridge.
You can eat as many mealworms as you like.

Munchalot
02-06-2014, 02:40 AM
Oh no, ick I'm so sorry. Poor sweet little Mabel, you were so gorgeous and wonderfully sweet, I will so miss seeing the pics of your heart-melting little whiskery face.

You were both so lucky to have found eachother: you so lucky to have found such a wonderful little girl, and she so privileged that she got her second chance at love with you as her mum.

Sleep tight little one, you will be sorely missed. I hope up there you have enough mealworms to munch you through eternity. xxx

Wexland
02-06-2014, 03:15 AM
How lucky she was to find you and enjoy over 6 months being loved and cared or in a first class home. RIP little one x

icklemunch
02-06-2014, 03:23 AM
Thanks so much Char, Munch and Wrexland means an awful lot :)

Just come home from work to find my mum has buried her and cleaned all her cage out.
Here's Mabels final resting place in a huge pink plant pot. Will plant some flowers soon.

Truffle
02-06-2014, 03:38 AM
I am very sorry indeed... I know just how hard it is when someone loved passes on x

You have formed and made a special bond, that you will tresure forever.

icklemunch
02-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Thanks truffle.

DrKMcK
02-06-2014, 06:44 AM
Icklemunch, I am so, so sorry Mabel has gone to the Bridge. But the life you gave her made anything she'd gone through before just disappear. At the end of her life she had all any hammy could ever want, especially love. Your mother is a gem for handling the burial for you. I love the popsicle sticks and her name. I buried Patches in one of my patio pots. She'll bring me beautiful flowers in the Spring and Mabel with do the same for you. Run free at the Bridge, Mable girl, where you can play, and hear, and are young again :-(

JBH316
02-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Oh I'm so sorry :(

Sweet dreams Mabel x

Pilgrim77
02-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Sorry to heart, always enjoyed seeing pictures of her. She was a wee cutie!

KWsHamstery
02-06-2014, 07:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. It is never easy to lose someone you love, be them furry or not. You are in my prayers. x

The Hamster's family
02-06-2014, 09:11 AM
All my thoughts are with you hun... Many hugs to you in those hard times.

Run free little cutie... Send a kiss to that special smeone you left behind when you can...

Annie xx

SoapyVP
02-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear about Mabel. Try to smile when you think about her. x

racinghamster
02-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Really sad to hear this Ickle, Mabel was just beautiful. Robos just seem to soldier on regardless of their afflictions and Mabel was a little trooper. Rest in peace little lady, we will all miss you. x

Colby and the Dwarfs
02-06-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry:( She was a lovely ham and she had a lovely home with you. Rest in peace little one.

Bec
02-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Oh I am truely sorry for your loss, hope you are okay. Mabel had a truely wonderful life with you ...and loved to pieces :) she is at peace now and will always be in your heart.
Xx

icklemunch
02-06-2014, 11:42 AM
A massive big thankyou to you all for all your kind words. Really does mean alot :)

CreamSyrian
02-06-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss ick :( Mabel was such a sweetheart robo, and quite a character too! I loved reading through her threads and she will be greatly missed by all of us. You gave her a second chance in life, and the best life she could possibly have, so be sure that she'll never forget how kind you've been to her. Your mother has also made a beautiful resting place for her. Sleep tight little Mabel, my thoughts are with you both

SinNyx
02-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Really sorry about your loss...Mabel was indeed very wonderful, special and so much more...it's obvious to see how much you adored and cared for her...
Sleep tight little angel, play well over the bridge x

kimlck
02-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Play well Mabel xx

Syrian Hammy
02-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Really really sorry for your sad lose Ickle. Mabel was a sweetheart and so very lucky to have be given such a loving home. Remember all the happy times you had with her. Run free little fluff. X

souffle
02-07-2014, 05:50 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. She was a sweetheart and her time with you being loved and cared for was a pleasure to see.
Play well at the bridge Mabel xx

cactus
02-07-2014, 11:11 AM
She obviously had an amazing home with you and was incredibly loved. Play well at the bridge Mabel xx

icklemunch
02-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Thank you all. Missing her an awful lot but smiling at hergorgeous face and the memories.

I was extremely lucky to spend 6 months with her :)

littlescruffies
02-07-2014, 11:50 AM
So sorry. Sleep tight Mabel x

Pompompoms
02-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Such a beautiful little girl, robo ladies are always such pretty little ones. Play well Mabel xx