PDA

View Full Version : I'm heartbroken

SquishyHelium
02-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Maple had been ill for a few weeks and despite all my best efforts to get her well, today she has been put to sleep. I am distraught and heartbroken, but I know it was the right decision to make as she was gradually slipping away. I think she knew the end was coming, I could see it in her eyes. I will miss her so much and there is a gaping, Maple-sized hole in my heart. I am consumed with grief at the moment, but in a few days I hope to write her a more fitting memorial when I've come to terms with the grief of her loss.

Thank you all for the kind support you all show when someone loses their friend. It is a great comfort to know that everyone here understands how I feel. In time, I will overcome the selfishness of my grief and look beyond it to find solace in the realisation that she is at peace and her soul is free from a frail body that couldn't make it happy.

Rest in peace, my beautiful Maple, always and forever in my heart.

DrKMcK
02-05-2014, 11:42 AM
:-( Ah, no! SquishyHelium, I am so sorry. But helping Maple to the Bridge was a final act of a love you could give her. Play well at the Bridge Maple. :-(

The Hamster's family
02-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Many hugs to you, dear... It's not easy to say goodbyes but you freed her from pain and discomfort... But for now, take time to live the emotions you need to live...

Keeping you both in my thoughts... I am sure she will send you energies from the Bridge to help you...

Annie xx

ElegantHam
02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
RIP maple, run free at the rainbow bridge little one x

BrainGirl
02-05-2014, 04:35 PM
To speak so eloquently of your love for Maple and your grief at losing her was a beautiful tribute in itself. Many hugs x

AlexWyattMommy
02-05-2014, 04:56 PM
I am so sorry. Many hugs.

Kelibr
02-05-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. You did the right thing. It's love to let go.

KWsHamstery
02-05-2014, 09:27 PM
You are so strong to be able to help her to the bridge like that. I myself lost my butterball today, so you and I can grieve together. I'm sure maple and butterball are playing at the bridge together. x
*hammyhugs*

SoapyVP
02-06-2014, 12:46 AM
I'm so sorry SquishyHelium. Remember the fun she had with you.

Truffle
02-06-2014, 01:42 AM
I am very sorry... It is always hard when someone loved passes on x

souffle
02-07-2014, 05:48 AM
I am so very sorry. Maple was so much loved and you tried your best for her. Remember you gave her the last great gift of all in the end.
Play well at the bridge Maple x

cactus
02-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Maple, she sounds like she had an amazing life and was very well loved with you. Play well at the bridge little one xx

chulasweetchica
02-08-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, she's a beautiful girl and so loved. sleep tight Maple. The memories always keep me going and I'm sure you two have some beautiful ones.

Pompompoms
02-09-2014, 04:05 PM
A live full of love, and a passing with all the love you had for her putting your own wishes aside. Play well little one xx

SquishyHelium
02-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Thank you for your kind messages, it certainly helps at this sad time. I am still upset about it but she has left me with some very special memories. KWsHamstery I am sorry for your loss of Butterball. It would be lovely to think that Maple and Butterball are playing together right now while they wait for us xx

My Hammy Harriet
02-18-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm so sorry SquishyHelium.... You did the right thing though. I had to put my dog Toby to sleep 4 years ago. And Harriet scampered off to the bridge 3 days ago too. I'm sure they can play together. Stay strong... I feel your pain xxxx

pumpkin123
02-18-2014, 12:33 PM
I am sorry for your loss for maple she seemed like she loved you lots now she is sleeping and playing under the rainbow bridge

Alexander
02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
awww so sad although maple is now living ill free up in hamster heaven...