PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the family

prince_medion
02-04-2014, 03:00 AM
After the sad loss of Lola my dward possibly hybrid russian, I went to a shop I don't go to very often, called Just4pets. They mainly had russians and chinese.
I asked the lady if we could see the russians and she showed us 3 different tanks. there were some sandy ones with red eyes and some others with black eyes. The last tank she thought was empty but still decided to have a look, she took the wooden shelter out and there she was. A lively little white mottled russian, not phased whatsoever, coming right up to the glass and looking like she wanted to come out, it was love at first sight. Where I was really impressed is that the lady although young, gave time for her to come out of her tank and go in the carrier of her own accord, she was gentle and patient with her, contrary to that lad in p@h that sold us nibbles the chinese, who shook the tube he was in to dislodge him and repeatedly tried to grab him forcefully...perhaps it was his fault nibbles never been sociable. She lives in a ferplast duna now, she went for an explore as soon as, and once she discovered the wheel she would'nt stop using it lol. She also loves the millet spray. http://i59.tinypic.com/rcqbux.jpghttps://www.dropbox.com/sc/twg05vx379r62xb/XuT7aZBz5P

souffle
02-04-2014, 04:14 AM
What a little cutie :) Glad to hear you have found a new little friend x

Truffle
02-04-2014, 04:52 AM
Oh! A very sweet photo :)

ElegantHam
02-04-2014, 06:11 AM
So cute. Lovely you've found a new friend.

AlexWyattMommy
02-04-2014, 06:44 AM
That was a nice pet shop story. She is so cute.

HamsterCrazy2013
02-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Aw she looks so sweet. :)

Mama2six
02-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Very cute!

SinNyx
02-04-2014, 10:22 AM
What a beauty! Such a nice little story too - glad to hear you had a more positive experience getting a hamster this time :)

HamstieLvr
02-04-2014, 11:51 AM
She's just lovely!! Congrats on your new little addition. :)

Hamsters4eva x
02-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Aw she's very cute!

JodiLeigh
02-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Awww isn't she just gorgeous! Welcome to you both :D

Hamsterz4Life
02-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Awww #Hamdorable!!! That little cutie... :) Welcome, I am sure you will have many happy times together

prince_medion
07-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately snowdrop left us today...as lively and curious as she was, she later started having strokes at an early age. We thought she was not long for this world when her back legs became stiff and wobbly due to the strokes but she kept on like a little soldier for at least 8 months. She eventually became weaker and weaker unable to move much although she was still trying and I had to convert her cage and place her food accordingly to make it easier for her. For all this time, I kept thinking to myself "should I get her put to sleep?" but seeing how she was determined to not let her condition stop her and carry on like normal, and as sad as I felt for her, I just could not bring myself to decide her fate for her. I have buried her in my garden, behind a gooseberry bush which I'm sure she will enjoy in the afterlife.

racinghamster
07-20-2015, 04:14 AM
Really sorry to hear about Snowdrop prince_medion, you had such a nice bond with her when you got her from the pet shop a while back. It`s never nice seeing them with a health condition that has a negative impact on their functionality. I`m sure she had a nice life with you and gave you some fun times. That`s what keeping a wee hamster is all about. Companionship and care. Hope you discover another little one that will fill the gap Snowflake has left. x

cypher
07-20-2015, 04:26 AM
So sorry for your loss, little Snowdrop was clearly a real fighter & quite a character to keep going the way she did, it must have been hard to see her going through that determined as she was to keep going. I'm sure you'll miss her very much but at least she's at peace now & I'm sure she'd appreciate the gooseberry bush for her last resting place.

Play well at the bridge little Snowdrop.