PDA

View Full Version : RIP my lovely little boy.

ElegantHam
02-03-2014, 03:48 AM
When I say little, you save no idea how little I mean, 6 weeks old. I've had you since two weeks old, you weren't even weaned from your mother yet. I saw an ad on craigslist, 'loving home needed for baby hamster, requires 24/7 milk'. And I took him on in a heartbeat, because I knew if I didn't, some little kid would come along and see the novelty of a baby hamster, but wouldn't give you the milk you needed.

(Backstory: The lady from Craigslist bought a hamster from the pet shop (his mum) who was already pregnant, she have birth to just two babies, one of whom didn't survive, mum passed away when he was 13 days old, and the lady couldn't give him milk 24/7 due to her new baby.)

You were a gorgeous beautiful baby boy, you were light gray and had a beautiful ivory tummy. You had black eyes and the most gorgeous wee face I have ever seen. I fed you some evaporated milk and baby formula & baby food for two weeks.

I guess the reason you were so tame, is because you were fed by me for so long, I think you probably thought I was your mum! You HATED your cage with a passion, and would always do anything you could to stay out for another 5 (or 10!) minutes at playtime.

During the night, you went to the rainbow bridge. You had been on antibiotics (Batryril) for 4 days, and eye drops and thyme water. You had a bad respiratory tract infection, and despite my best efforts, you couldn't be saved. The vet told me your chances weren't good, but I wanted to try and save you. I guess I couldn't change the inevitable, only delay it.

You are in heaven now, and I will see you someday. No hamster will ever replace you, you will be in my heart forever. And although we only got too spend 4 weeks together, they were four truly magical ones, because you were in my life.

I will love you forever and see you someday, but for now, I bid you farewell, play nice at the bridge, and don't forgot to munch on those sunflower seeds that you loved so much. Goodbye my beautiful beautiful wee boy, you truly were a magical hamster. :cry:

SquishyHelium
02-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Gosh that is so sad, I am so sorry to read this heartbreaking story. You must have been so close to the little guy with hand rearing him. I'm sure he loved you so much and saw you as his mum. RIP little one x

souffle
02-03-2014, 04:28 AM
I'm so sorry. You gave him a lifetime of love in his short time with you.
Play well at the bridge little lad x

AlexWyattMommy
02-03-2014, 04:43 AM
souffle is right. You gave that little lad so much love in his short time here.
His other family is waiting for him at the bridge.

Colby and the Dwarfs
02-03-2014, 08:22 AM
RIP little one, I bet your hammy family will take care of you until your human family is there;)

Truffle
02-03-2014, 09:09 AM
I am very sorry... it is alway so hard and sad when someone loved passes on x

Hamsters4eva x
02-03-2014, 09:18 AM
So sorry for your loss :( xx

Rip xx

Bec
02-03-2014, 09:21 AM
So sorry to hear this, at such a young age. It is so difficult when our little ones pass, very heartbreaking. Take care x

The Hamster's family
02-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Ohhh gosh... Be blessed for taking care of that little baby... You are truely a hero to me... Many hugs to you...

Run free, little precious one... Get back to snuggleling with your mommy and your little twin... No more pain now...

Annie xx

Munchalot
02-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Oh bless you... :( That is so heartbreaking, I'm so sorry your little one didn't make it. You gave him more love than he could have wished for in those few short weeks, and he had so much more chance at survival than he did where he was. If you hadn't taken him on, he would have died before his eyes even opened. Be comforted that you did all you could, and he was blessed with such love and care before he passed.

Sleep well little man xx

SinNyx
02-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss...but what a wonderful story and memorial for him...I am so glad you gave him a home, and I can see how happy you made him! You gave him the best quality of life he could of had...well done to you!

Play well over the bridge little man...you were taken far too young, but your owner gave you a better chance than anyone else could of x

kimlck
02-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Play well little dude xx

DrKMcK
02-03-2014, 09:20 PM
So sorry this little one didn't make it. Losing it's mother was a truly awful thing to happen in his young life. How kind of you to step in and try to save him. It wasn't meant to be :-( Play well at the bridge, small one. Back with your Mama again.

prince_medion
02-04-2014, 01:43 AM
awww thats sad, i'm sorry. Even tho you only had him for a little while and was only a baby, it sounds like you were very attached to him...sleep well little man

chulasweetchica
02-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Omg your memorial touched my heart! You are so sweet for loving him the way you did (hugs) to you! You did your best and I'm so sure he loved you as much as you did him. Sleep tight baby and hope your huge loving heart heals soon.