PDA

View Full Version : Harry Hamster by Hand

sarahdal
07-12-2008, 01:13 AM
(I was trying to make a nice alliterated subject!)

Of my two hamsters, Ben is very very sociable and has recently started to love being hand fed - this morning was great, he came out of his house when I got up and put some food in his bowl, but he just ignored it and ran about, looking up at me, so I hand fed him bits which I suspect could have gone all morning!

I opened up my first ever bag of Harry Hamster (i'd been using supa-hamster) and wow it looks great! Hardly any dusty questionable bits! Even though I managed to rip the bag and spill most of it on the living room floor! Ben continued to "beg" (stare up at me in a very very cute way) for food, even though I felt I had given him about half of what I'd put in his bowl for a day or two. It's also the first time he's been really, really active like this first thing. Could anything be up, or is he just super friendly (and hungry!) these days?

Meanwhile, his brother Bruce has gone the other way - I only ever see his tail as he flees back into the house when I approach the cage at night. I hear him digging, and if I take the roof off the house to check they're both cuddled up together, but he is really really untame and now impossible to catch and pet. Previously, when we did catch him he just would sit in my palm and shake. They have such different personalities!

We've pretty much given up on trying to hand-tame Bruce as he clearly doesn't like it, but it makes it more special on the rare occasions when we do see him!

suga
07-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Ben sounds like he's got you wrapped around his little paw :) . I bet it's impossible to resist his little face and no doubt you'll tire before he does. LOL.

babyboos
07-27-2008, 03:18 PM
sounds simply adorable