PDA

View Full Version : I miss Paddy

i-love-paddy
09-14-2005, 03:39 AM
I am really missing Paddy. I took some of my other hamsters out last night but it wasnt the same. My hubbie thinks Im mad still being upset but his passing has really affected me. I havent got round to cleaning and emptying his cage yet so this is really upsetting me as well because he obviously isnt in there.

I was thinking of making a memory box and then writing a poem here for him.

SnuggleHam
09-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Aww I understand, your not mad for still grieving, I mean the hamster just passed away not that long ago for crying out loud! The first hamster I bought after my childhood ham.. The hamster that inspired me to make Hamster Central was a little sable Syrian I bought from a pet store. She died a month or two after I had her, I believe from wet tail. I was upset for quite some time and cried because I missed her. She was just so cute. Id usually get upset the most when id think about those moments she was especially cute. Ill probably be upset when Gerald goes for a time as well.

*huggles* You are totally justified to feel the way you do and you are perfectly welcome to talk about it with us :)

pophammy
09-14-2005, 05:54 AM
We all understand the terrible pain you are going through. We still feel pangs when we look at our darling Peppermints things and the others before him. The longing to touch them again is unbearable sometimes. Write a poem and put it in the memorial section then you can look at it and remember him and the lovely times you had together.

Treasure the time that you have with a pet

Treasure it close to your heart

Treasure the love that you share with a pet

For you never know when you will part

Emma
09-14-2005, 01:58 PM
I think we all completely understand here *hugs*

I remember when my Mitzi died, I couldn't bring myself to clean her cage out for the final time for days, in the end my boyfriend did it for me. She was a really special hamster to me.

Doing something like writing a poem for Paddy may help you remember all the good times you had with him and be thankful that you have those memories to treasure.

It may take a little time but soon you'll be able to remember Paddy with fondness and happiness rather than sadness that he's not here any more.

babyboos
09-17-2005, 12:03 PM
We have a special area here at Hamster Central to remember all our dearly departed little ones

Memorial Pages (http://www.candacebell.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185)

They are small and with us for such short time but you never, ever forget.