PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye, My Sweet Girl - Patches

DrKMcK
01-30-2014, 03:39 PM
I brought Patches home on January 26th, 2012, 2 years and 4 days ago. She was born on 12/22/2011. She was a beautiful black and white Syrian, soft and silky, gentle and curious. She even liked my Chihuahua, Yoda. I knew Patches was getting older, and so many HC hammies who I loved seeing photos of and hearing of their lives, had passed away, so I knew this was coming for us too.
My girl started really slowing down, but still wanted to come out and run on the couch or bed. She still ate well and looked pretty good. She had a time where she lost hair, but it grew back. But, very suddenly, only days ago, Patches suddenly became very frail and shaky, her eyes haven’t been open in the last 3 days. So fast… Why can’t they live longer?
Patches my girl, you’ve added light to my life along with laughter. I always thought you were so beautiful. Your cage is next to my bed, and the past few days, we’ve been up and down throughout the nights, as I got up to give you water, or your oatmeal and applesauce. Every time you amazed me by popping up to eat. But last night you stopped eating, and I knew you were going to go to the Bridge very soon. Part of me is so sad that you are gone, and I will miss you so very much. But another part is relieved. No more pain. You are free now, lovely girl, to run at the Bridge. Sweet baby, I miss you already.

The video is of Patches on her 2nd birthday
PC170002 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/GFS9Yf2lt-o)

SinNyx
01-30-2014, 04:13 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss...what a sweet, heart warming memorial though, I can see how much of a well loved precious girl she was to you and always will be...well done for everything you have done for her, especially in her journey to the rainbow bridge x
Play well at the bridge little one x

de4life
01-30-2014, 04:15 PM
So sorry that little Patches has passed on. She lived a long life filled with love, and that's all any of us can really ask for. The imprints their little paws leave on our hearts never disappear, and the pain of loss eventually gives way to an appreciation of what they gave us and what we learned from them. Sleep well Patches.

Kiki_3173
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
I am so very sorry to hear that your beautiful Patches has passed DrKMcK. She was one of my favorite hammies to keep up with on your threads. You gave her such a good life and spoiled her so! These little fluffballs, as tiny as they are, make such HUGE impressions on our hearts. Run free, little Patches, and play well at the bridge. Say "hi" to my Smudge and send your mommy a rainbow as often as you can, till you meet again. xx

Chewster
01-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Am so sorry to hear this. She had a great life with you. RIP Patches

Scrubby
01-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Absolutely beautiful little ham she was. Stunning. I'm sure she had a wonderful time with you. Enjoy the bridge Patches. x

celmoy
01-30-2014, 05:13 PM
So sorry for your loss DrK. You gave Patches an amazing and long life and she couldn't have asked for a more loving owner. Sweet dreams, Patches xx

vhisarobot
01-30-2014, 09:46 PM
I am sorry to hear that you lost your little buddy. It is really rough but just know that you gave her a long and happy life. That's all you can do as a owner and it seems like you absolutely did!

m98025
01-31-2014, 12:01 AM
I'm really sorry for your loss :( She clearly loved her life with you and stayed as long as she could. Play well Patches. X

evel_lin
01-31-2014, 12:25 AM
a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl

Bec
01-31-2014, 12:52 AM
Absolutely beautiful DrKMcK, it brought a tear to my eye. Hope you are coping okay and remember your little Patches will always be with you in your heart and memories. She is at peace now and playing free.

She was dearly loved and will be deeply missed by all on HC.
Take care and take the time you need. Our thoughts are with you always. x

Tutu
01-31-2014, 01:45 AM
Run free little Patches. You were loved and one day you will meet your friend.
Meantime play well at the bridge.
Xxx

Clairealex
01-31-2014, 02:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Patches was a gorgeous girl and your tribute to her is beautiful.

Keeping you in my thoughts x

racinghamster
01-31-2014, 02:09 AM
Sleep soundly Patches. She had a wonderful life with you DrK and you can rest assured that her life was made all that more special. x

cactus
01-31-2014, 02:40 AM
I'm so sorry to hear she has passed on DrK, her memorial is beautiful and I can tell from reading it that she had a wonderful life with you. Play well at the bridge little Patches. xx

Gazmo
01-31-2014, 04:03 AM
she was a beautiful little girl, and im so so sorry shes gone, but you know she had a good long life with you.. run free little one..

souffle
01-31-2014, 04:45 AM
I am so sorry DrK. Her path was gentle though and it was an honour to share some of her adventures with you. I felt I knew her so well and loved her too.
Play well at the bridge lovely Patches x

Munchalot
01-31-2014, 04:50 AM
Oh DrK, I am so, so sorry. Just reading this, and knowing how dear she was to you, has me welling up. :( There are few people in this world who would care so much, and be so dedicated to such a sweet little creature such as a hamster, and as you've said, that is one thing so marvelous about being at HC. She was such a privileged little lady, to have someone so wonderful as you there by her side in her final hours, loving her so truly right to the end. I hope you're okay hun xx

Sleep tight sweet Patches. You are at peace now, but know you were loved and will be so missed. xx

Syrian Hammy
01-31-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm so sorry you've lost her. Run free Patches. You will be missed on here.

CreamSyrian
01-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss :(. She was such a beautiful girl and it is clear that you shared a special bond with her. Play well at the bridge Patches, you will be dearly missed.

Scampi16
01-31-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm so sorry DrKMcK.
That was a lovely memorial for Patches.
She was beautiful, play well at the bridge little one.
Thinking of you.

JinjaMakes
01-31-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry that Patches has gone. Run free little one. Xxx

kimlck
01-31-2014, 03:49 PM
Really sorry for your loss DrK.
Play well Patches xx

SocksnPheobe
01-31-2014, 06:47 PM
What a beautiful ham Patches was and I am so sorry for your loss:( Play well at the bridge little one.

gutterglitterxx
01-31-2014, 11:30 PM
A very lovely memorial.

Good night, lovely Patches. Play well, run free, sleep tight. xx <3

SquishyHelium
02-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Sorry for you loss of Patches. Such a beauty x

chulasweetchica
02-01-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm so sorry! Going thru this sadness now with my male Syrian it's heartbreaking.

ANGELBABIES
02-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Run free little Patches - your life was filled with so much love and you in turn gave your Mommy an abundance of love. Play well with your new friends at the bridge little fluff.
DrK - hope you are okay. Its natural to grieve and miss your little one, but yes you are right when the time is right Patches would want you to bring in another little one in your life. Take care xx

fluffydd
02-01-2014, 06:40 AM
I'm really sorry that Patches has left you. She was a beautiful girl and you wrote a lovely memorial for her. I wish they could live longer too, but since their time with us is short it makes every day with a hamster extra special. Lots of hugs from Ligeia and me xxxx

Panda's_mommy
02-01-2014, 06:37 PM
awe...............so sorry for your loss! i love panda more than words can express, i pray he's one of the lucky ones that lives for 5-8 years!

Pompompoms
02-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Such a beautiful girl, so well cherished and cared for. I'm sorry DrKMcK, you gave her a lovely life and it has been a pleasure to share in the parts of it you have written about here on HC .
Play well lovely Patches xx

Truffle
02-02-2014, 10:31 AM
I am so sorry... Patches sounded like a wonderful hammie and you gave her a wonderful life x

Cheetobandito
02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
this brought tears to my eyes. so, so, sorry. I can tell you were meant for each other.

The Hamster's family
02-05-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm so sorry hun for the loss of Patches... =( I know how much you love your pets and it was clear for many of us. Take comfort in knowing that she knew too... She fought very hard to stay by your side and say her goodbyes... Just like you said, she is now in peace after so much love by your side... Be blessed...

Run free, precious one... Enjoy the Bridge and send some kisses to your mommy down here when you can...

Annie xx

DrKMcK
02-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. I'm really glad I could share my girl here on HC. :-)

Hanhanboban
03-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Such a cute little hammy! Love the last one with the dog, so cute! They must've got on well (:

It's always so sad when our lite ones pass but from what I can see you gave beautiful little girl the best life she could have! Hope she's enjoying it up there at rainbow bridge!

Hannah x