PDA

View Full Version : Sleep tight Sammy :'(

martinac
01-28-2014, 11:55 AM
So my little Sammy has passed and is now above in the big wheel in the sky. I did everything I possibly could for my little baby, but in the end I think old age took him. According to the pet shop I got him from he was only a young pup when we bought him. But all his signs showed me he was older.

My heart is absolutely broken as Sammy was my first ever hamster. I didn't even have him a year but he had a huge impact on my life. And I would like to think I gave him a good life.

I have so many happy memories of my little man, there was never a dull moment when he was around (getting all upset again at our memories) :(

There are so many things I want to say about him but words fail me at the moment. My head is all messed up.

He was a little fighter right up til his very last breath. Rest in Peace my beautiful baby boy Sammy

Bec
01-28-2014, 11:59 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, and you did give him a good life. He will be looking down from the bridge now and is at peace.

I understand your heartache, take the time you need, and look on the happy memories. Our little ones leave such an imprint on our lives.

My kindest thoughts are with you during this period. Take care x

martinac
01-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Bec you brought the tears flowing.

Thank you for your kind words xx

Time is a good healer (I hope)

basilthehammy
01-28-2014, 01:27 PM
I am deeply sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Sammy. The first one is always the worst, I cried for Days! many hugs to you xxxx

The Hamster's family
01-28-2014, 01:39 PM
I am very sprry for your loss... I am hope your heart heals up soon...

Run free, little angel... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies...

Annie xx

JinjaMakes
01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Run free little Sammy x

manders31
01-28-2014, 02:14 PM
So sorry for your loss. I recently lost my first hamster as well. It is very hard! I hope you can think of the good memories and begin to feel better.

Hugs!!

ANGELBABIES
01-28-2014, 02:20 PM
I am so sorry you lost your little one. Their life span is so short, and its even harder when they leave us before we have had the chance to spend the two years. But you gave him a wonderful life filled with your love, they were the best days of his life when you rescued the little fluff. Time will heal - we never forget them. They take a very special place in our hearts. Run free little Sammy xxx

Kelibr
01-28-2014, 03:00 PM
So my little Sammy has passed and is now above in the big wheel in the sky. I did everything I possibly could for my little baby, but in the end I think old age took him. According to the pet shop I got him from he was only a young pup when we bought him. But all his signs showed me he was older.

My heart is absolutely broken as Sammy was my first ever hamster. I didn't even have him a year but he had a huge impact on my life. And I would like to think I gave him a good life.

I have so many happy memories of my little man, there was never a dull moment when he was around (getting all upset again at our memories) :(

There are so many things I want to say about him but words fail me at the moment. My head is all messed up.

He was a little fighter right up til his very last breath. Rest in Peace my beautiful baby boy Sammy

I'm sorry for your loss..

martinac
01-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Reading the memorials and am in bits here.

Will the pain of losing him ever leave? :'(

DrKMcK
01-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Reading the memorials and am in bits here.

Will the pain of losing him ever leave? :'(

In time it will, but there is a period of mourning that needs to be gone through. Lots of people think it's silly to be upset over a hamster. My sister thinks I'm crazy to keep getting an animal that lives such a short life. But we hamster/gerbil/rat folk know they have their own special personalities and deserve our love and care. I look at it as sharing my life with all of these little loves. I believe a heart can love many, many, people and pets. They all fit. Even all the little furries on HC. I'm always dismayed by the loss of an HC hammy. Recently, a lot of them have left us. I will miss all of them. :-(

martinac
01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
You are right DrKMcK, people do think I'm crazy for getting upset over Sammy passing, they just never experienced his personality.

From the moment I got Sammy he was so wild, couldn't be handled, but I persisted and he finally started to climb my arm.

After a while this stopped though :( but it never stopped me loving my incredible little man.

I used to let him sleep on my bed and watch him for hours, making himself comfortable.

Even though Sammy never let me handle him I loved him so much.

He was such an amazing pet to have and very entertaining to watch.

I really hope that he knows everything I did for him towards the end was for his own health and well being. He bit me a lot while trying to give him his medication, but I never held it against him.

I'm sorry for ranting away, but talking about him helps

Love you always Sammy <3 XOXOX

chulasweetchica
01-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Really sorry for your loss. It's so hard but time heals. After a week of sadness I got another sweet furball and that helped tons too. Play well at the bridge Sammy RIP.

souffle
01-29-2014, 07:54 AM
I am so very sorry. You shared a great life with him x
Play well at the bridge Sammy x

Pompompoms
01-30-2014, 11:11 AM
It will ease, you'll never forget him, but will remember him with smiles instead of tears. Play well little Sammy xx