PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Chocolate

ham888
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Chocolate left us tonight. She had been going downhill fast with a swollen abdomen and just too weak to undergo any more investigations. She's had three days of breakfast in bed and long sleeps. I found her this evening very cold so I wrapped her in a towel and gently stroked and held her until she passed. Poor girl. She was the nicest natured hamster we've ever had, she never bit anyone, never once squeaked and always told us when it was time to play. She was an adoption from P@H and we were so lucky to have her these past 16 months.

Truffle
01-23-2014, 02:17 PM
I am very sorry... It is always hard when a pet passes on. At least she didn't suffer for too long and she had a wonderful life with you.

ANGELBABIES
01-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Run free sweet little Chocolate - you found your forever home and was given all the love you deserved. Ham888 - you rescued this little one and gave her all she needed. Hope the good times together and that you changed this little one's life by rescuing her will give you comfort you during your loss. Take care xxx

celmoy
01-23-2014, 03:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Chocolate was really lucky to have such a caring family to take her on and I'm sure she knew she was very much loved. Sleep tight little Chocolate xx

DrKMcK
01-23-2014, 04:24 PM
I am so sorry you've lost Chocolate. It's never easy to lose one of our furries. It sounds as if you gave her a happy, safe, life. It's just so sad that they live such short lives, Play well at the Bridge Chocolate :-(

Chewster
01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Ahh i'm sorry to hear that. Her time with you was very special. Thinking of you :(

ILSMarki8
01-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Very sorry for your loss.

Sanctuary
01-24-2014, 12:41 AM
So sorry for your loss, I am sure she was happy to have the love from you and you were there at the end xx

souffle
01-24-2014, 06:04 AM
I am so sorry for you loss. She sounds to have passed peacefully and surrounded by love.
Play well at the bridge Chocolate x

The Hamster's family
01-24-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry for your loss... She was well loved and she sure felt it. That's more than a lot of little hammies will get... Be blessed for that...

Run free, little princess... Have fun at the Bridge and keep an eye on those special humans you left behind...

Annie xx

Pompompoms
01-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Oh I'm sorry, it sounds like she passed peacefully and painlessly, just called back to the bridge to be young again. Play well little lady xx