PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin and Pepper :)

Alysha
01-14-2014, 05:10 PM
So I brought home the two hybrid sisters today and I am so glad I did! They were in such a small space with only a food dish and water bottle :(.

Pepper is such a little character. She is so friendly and surprisingly very tame. She loves to be held and will squeek for me to pick her up. I have made two bin cages for them with lots of space and toys.

Pepper running on a wheel. She ran like no tomorrow! :)

Alysha
01-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Pumpkin is the total opposite of Pepper. She's very scared of people. Which the reason could be because their previous owner sprayed her with water when she was too loud!!! I had to resist the urge to smack her up side the head! I know Pumpkin will require a lot of work but I'm looking forward to making her trust people again! The previous owner said that she was the "bad one". Well I kindly told her there was no such thing as bad animals, it's bad owners. Maybe not smart on my part but I felt so bad for these poor girls and the life they were living.

I was able to get a quick picture of Pumpkin eating. :)

basilthehammy
01-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Awww they are adorable... I hope that lady doesn't do this with any other animals

Alysha
01-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Awww they are adorable... I hope that lady doesn't do this with any other animals

From what I could see, she doesn't have any more animals. Thank god!

DexterChloe
01-14-2014, 11:51 PM
What on earth is wrong with some people!! Sprays her with water when she's 'too loud'!! Poor little thing. Oh that makes me mad! I'm so happy you've rescued them from such a ignorant woman! Makes sure you spoil them rotten! :)

ANGELBABIES
01-15-2014, 12:25 AM
It makes my blood boil when these inhumane human do such things to defenceless little animals. I am so glad you rescued both the little girls - they have come HOME xx

Alysha
01-15-2014, 04:22 AM
What on earth is wrong with some people!! Sprays her with water when she's 'too loud'!! Poor little thing. Oh that makes me mad! I'm so happy you've rescued them from such a ignorant woman! Makes sure you spoil them rotten! :)

Yes I couldn't believe that! And to have the nerve to tell me so casually mad me even more mad. Oh they will definitely be spoiled :)

Alysha
01-15-2014, 04:25 AM
It makes my blood boil when these inhumane human do such things to defenceless little animals. I am so glad you rescued both the little girls - they have come HOME xx

I know! It's so sad and you see it everywhere! Animals being abused. Breaks my heart. I wish I could save them all. Thank you :) they are home now where they can be loved :)

littlescruffies
01-15-2014, 12:12 PM
They're both gorgeous :)

Alysha
01-25-2014, 01:45 AM
Update on Pepper.

She has settled in extremely well, almost as if she has always been here. :) I just love how friendly and loveable she is! She will give us a little squeek and wait till we pick her up.

She is very active and extremely fast! It's so hard to get a picture of her. :p

Alysha
01-25-2014, 01:53 AM
Sorry I'm not sure why my pics are posting upside down.?????

Update on Pumpkin

Pumpkin has slowly started to come around. The first few days she would not come anywhere near us and run and hide as soon as she heard us. Then she would slowly start taking food/treats from me and then run and hide. Today during playtime, she came on to my hand!!!! I could have jumped for joy!!!! :) it's a work in progress but we are getting there!!

I tried to get the best picture I could but like Pepper, Pumpkin is extremely fast!!! :)

basilthehammy
01-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Awwww so cute! I was going to get one of those puzzle playgrounds, would you reccomend it?

Alysha
01-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Awwww so cute! I was going to get one of those puzzle playgrounds, would you reccomend it?

Yes I would recommend it. All my hamsters love playing on it and you can keep adding to it too. :)