PDA

View Full Version : Fop Duffy - Cage Review

Matty Day
07-06-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.pet-supply-store.co.uk/prodimages/duffy_black.jpg.jpg

As I had some spare time and as no one else has reviewed it, I thought I'd review the Fop Duffy. A very good cage, sadly both of my Duffys have been purchased second hand, so I didn't know the retail price, but have found out it is around £30.

Size wise the cage measures 58cm x 32cm x 26cm, so not that bad in my opinion. This cage is suitable for all adult Dwarfs except robos, and is definately suitable for Syrians. Due to its height there may be wheel placement issues; sadly, like most cages on the market, the wheel is woefully inadequate for a Syrian with it only being suitable for a four week old and below. This cage is also easy to stack and can fit on most shelves.

Overall a good cage with the following pros and cons:

Pros
Suitable for a Syrian and all adult dwarfs except robos
Good size
Stackable
Easy to clean (takes me 10 mins)

Cons
Expensive compared to other cages on the market of the same/similar size
Unsuitable for robos
Low height means might not take a Syrian sized wheel
Unsuitable for bar chewers
Unsuitable for breeding dwarfs in

Bourne Valley Hams
07-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Just a note to add that as this is the cage I use I know that it does take an 8.5" comfort wheel easily. I don't know about wodent wheels though as I don't use them.
It is a fairly strong and durable cage, easy to clean and easy to stack.

Basia
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I use the Fop Duffy too and it does take a Wodent Wheel. It is one of my favourite cages, I hang willow bridges from the roof which the hamsters sit up in. They can climb all over the bars, cant fall far and it fits on all of my shelves.

Bunsey
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM
i'd imagine it's very similar to the Cammy

babyboos
07-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Wow Matty an excellent review and I was so impressed to see your grammar and punctuation has improved - well until I saw Pophammy had kindly been in and tidied it up a bit but a great article nonetheless

PinkEmily
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Great review and great cage!! I obtained mine from my boyfriend, its about 10 years old now and still going strong and has housed a number of hamsters, mostly Chip, she loved it. Its been put at the top of my wardrobe now as i have no one to occupy it but i will be keeping it.

dan_parsons
08-23-2010, 04:11 AM
My sister has this cage for her hamster. Hers has tubes coming out the top. She has the savic rolly wheel large. it does fit but it scrapes against the side of the base.

Good cage. :)

KatiePillow
12-11-2010, 07:19 AM
I bought this cage as a spare for my dwarves..or in case there was a rescue case I couldn't turn down..but now I've got it it seems like the bar spacing is FAR too large for a dwarf..does anybody else have any more experience for this?

I bought it off ebay...and it's a good size (weirdly thin(as in depth), but fairly wide...
But I will need a new spare cage if this one falls through >.<