PDA

View Full Version : Little Mac, I'm so sorry

jennafur
01-07-2014, 08:26 AM
I am so sorry my teeny tiny little buddy. You packed a ton of joy, cuteness and life into that tiny little body of yours. I can't apologize enough, it's my fault and I can only hope your death was quick. I've been working so much, I should have checked on you, or read more, or been more proactive. I never should have let you and Ben live in the same home...I know it doesn't help you but I miss you, Kael is going to be devastated, I'll feel guilty forever. See you over Rainbow Bridge little Mac.

SinNyx
01-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Play well at the bridge Mac x
Don't feel guilty for what happened! You loved that lil guy and Ben and no one should be able to make you feel that way about it.

jennafur
01-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Thank you for the kind words. He was just so small, I feel like I let him down. I know he's plying at the bridge though...so much personality, he was really special!!!!

SinNyx
01-07-2014, 09:50 AM
And he always will be special! No matter what! You did not let him down - you gave him a home and you know that you would of done anything for that little guy, like you will do for Ben now.

racinghamster
01-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Really sad for you and being a new member on the forum in such sad circumstances. When robos and other dwarf hamsters are kept in pairs, there can be incidents like this and unless the owner has a trained eye, it`s almost impossible to stop fighting or death if the separation isn`t done fast enough, but warning signs are usually seen in advance of trouble like chasing, squeaking, bulling behaviour etc....

Your remaining robo will live happily on his own now, so try to focus your energy on his now. It`s clear that he was loved. x

jennafur
01-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Gosh. I’m truly amazed at how wonderful the members of this site are. I can’t begin to thank you all for the kind and supposrtive words. Just having “someone” to listen has really helped. I’m not going to lie, I spent all of last night (and have broken down a few times this morning) crying about our little baby. I only got to know him for 10 short days but he was such a joy. He made my day brighter and kept us all smiling. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a cuter little creature, with his giant expressive eyes, as if he was wearing eye liner, and his gold ball size...I truly did love him and I know my son loves him completely. I’m chosing to believe one of the above posts, that he may have been ill and that Ben didn’t murder him but rather was trying to dispose of the body the only way he knew how...I need to still love Ben and I can’t blame him for what is my responsibility, as sad as I am.
I don’t think I’m brave (or crazy) enough to try and give him a new partner, but I’m afraid he’s lonely, he seems to be purusing the habitat searching for something, I can only imagine he’s looking for Mac. Is there anything I can do to assure he has a happy healthy solo life? Would it be wise to get another little guy to place near him in a seperate habitat, so they could see eachother but not fight?
Mac was MUCH smaller than Ben and there was squeaking, and running, a little rolling around, but then they would cuddle up to one another and sleep or run inthe wheel side by side...I just never imagined it would turn out like this.

SoapyVP
01-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Really sorry for you. What a horrible thing to happen. Don't beat yourself up about it though.

And Mac, enjoy playing with all the others at the bridge. x

SinNyx
01-07-2014, 11:11 AM
You will always find a lot of support and help here at HC, many people have owned hamsters for years and may share similar experiences. We all have our tears and our guilt, but being part of a community ad having that reassurance can help that.
If you're wanting to make it easier for Ben, I suggest giving his cage a clean if you already haven't to remove any blood ect, but keep some of his older bedding in that is clean so he doesn't stress out over it.
Definitely make sure he has a wheel so he can run on it to relieve any of his stress and provide him with more to keep him busy, that can just be some cardboard (boxes ect) :)
As for getting a new hamster, that would of course be fine, but definitely do not let them meet face to face or be out together at the same time. It won't be much about the seeing as they have poor eyesight anyway, but they may be able to hear/smell each other. If in the case he did cause the death of his cage mate, he won't look for company. His running around may just be a territory thing anyway and him getting his scent everywhere,

jennafur
01-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Here’s a picture of Little Maclaren.

Tutu
01-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Little Maclaren run free.
Xx

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

evel_lin
01-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Sorry you lost him so suddenly. His friend will adjust to being on his own with time

Sanctuary
01-07-2014, 01:13 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, honestly it can not be helped. Fights can break out so quickly.
Ben will be fine living on his own. I have two brothers that had to be split up before i adopted them. They live seperatly and they are so happy to run around in thier own cages without a care in the world.

RIP Mac xx

Pompompoms
01-07-2014, 04:18 PM
I have replied on your thread in the robo section about how to help Ben, and my thoughts on what happened.
I am sorry you lost your lovely little fluff, sometimes so unfairly they are not destined to be long for this world and the bridge calls them back.

Play well lovely little one xx

Sparkle
01-08-2014, 01:31 AM
So sorry for your loss.

souffle
01-08-2014, 05:15 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Be kind to yourself and know in your heart that we cannot see into the future and must never blame ourselves for something we didn't know would happen. Don't waste your emotional energy on why's and what ifs - it drains your very soul - instead make Ben's life the best as a tribute to his friend.
Play well at the bridge Mac - one day send a rainbow to your family so they know you are settled in well xx

jennafur
01-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I just wanted to thank eveyone for the kind words and time to answer. It helped immensely!! A little update on us, The boys (we have a new Mac...that’s for a whoel other conversation) are living happily in two separate habitats and both seem to be getting along fine. My only regret is that we didn’t do this earlier, my son’s nana had purchased two habitats to conect to eachother to give the little guys a huge place to run but one came broken in the box and I had to send away to return, things would have turned out so different. We know a little more now, are spending lots of time with them and enjoying them as individuals. My heart is still little tender, missing my little guy, but I realize just what fabulous little creatures they are with such individual personalities.