PDA

View Full Version : Woody Has Died.

Sparkle
01-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Woody died during the night.
Sunday morning when I got up Woody hadn't taken her food into her house so I checked on her and she had died during the night.
I didn't post yesterday as I was to upset I get so attached to my animals.
She looked really old and had slowed down and spent most of her time asleep but the last two days she became really active and even went to the top level of her cage which she hadn't done so for a couple of weeks going into all her houses and slept under the ladder next to her house and coming to the cage door to see me and I new she was saying goodbye and when she went back into her house Saturday night I new it was for the last time.
She was so gentle and had never tried to bite.
And has left a huge hole in my heart.
I buried Woody in her house with her wooden wheel that she couldn't be without next to it in front of the tree in my back garden.

souffle
01-06-2014, 06:17 AM
I am so very sorry. It sounds as if she had had a great long life though and slipped away very peacefully which is a blessing.
Play well at the bridge Woody xx

SinNyx
01-06-2014, 06:18 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss, the whole she left in your heart may not ever be filled with another ham, but plenty of memories she has left behind x Sleep well little girl x

Wexland
01-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Oh bless her, so sorry to hear this, they bring us to so much in such a short time. xx

The Hamster's family
01-06-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm sooo sorry it was her time to leave for the Bridge... A you said, she really took the time to say goodbye and that shows me how she was also attached to you... I hope your heart heals up soon...

Run free, little one... Enjoy everything there is to enjoy at the Bridge...

Annie xx

DrKMcK
01-06-2014, 08:38 AM
They become such good little friends to us and it is so hard to say good-bye. :-( I know Woody will be missed so much. I am so sorry you lost her. Play well at the Bridge little lady :-(

Pompompoms
01-06-2014, 10:56 AM
I am sorry to read about Woddy Sparkle. I have had this a few of times with my little fluffs, the couple of days before they are finally called on the have a huge burst on energy again and it's like there is nothing wrong at all. A final flash of life before the taking their steps to the bridge.
Woddy sounds like a lovely little lady, and was clearly well loved by you. Play well little one xx

Colby and the Dwarfs
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
x play well at the bridge x

LancashireLass
01-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, play well little Woody. Xxxxxxx

Pamela
01-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Im so sorry. These little ones sure have a way with the heart...I feel your pain. Run and play free with the others Woody xxx

Sparkle
01-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Thankyou everyone for your kind words they mean a lot.