PDA

View Full Version : Winnie, I'm sorry

HammieandMerlin
01-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Dear Winnie,

I wasn't there when you needed me the most, and I didn't get to say goodbye, so I will here.

You had me hooked from the day you fell off your wheel at the pet store. I had sworn off ever getting a pet store ham again, and I was going to stick to it. But I couldn't get you out of my head. I was just planning on asking Mike if we could go get you when someone left Mowgli on my door, so I had to try to forget you.

That of course didn't happen. And three months later, we brought you home because the pet store was giving you away because you had bumble foot. You made a speedy recovery and you were so friendly we couldn't believe it.

You were always getting into something. Always. And you had no sense of balance. Or fear for that matter. Nothing ever scared you, and I admired that when it wasn't keeping me up at night ;)

The night before I went to see my family for Christmas, we had lots of fun out and about in the apartment. You snuggled in the pocket of my sweater and enjoyed lots of pets, without a care in the world.

I left you and your brothers and sisters in the care of a friend, who had looked after you before. I don't know what changed, or why he didn't check, but somehow you got cold, and sick, and baby I swear if I'd known I'd have come back right away. He didn't tell me until it was far too late, but I made him go back and stay with you, because I couldn't let you be alone, because you'd never left me alone once. I'll never forgive myself for what happened, and I can't make sense of any of it right now. How it went unnoticed, why he didn't tell me, and why he left once he realized something was wrong. Nothing adds up, but I am somehow left with an empty tank, and no giant orange furball to greet me. And with Boo being sick I feel like I can't even grieve you properly. All I can tell you is that my heart is broken, and I am so sorry and that I miss you, baby girl.

fluffydd
01-05-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm so sorry that you've lost Winnie. She was beautiful xxx

Kiki_3173
01-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Oh HammieandMerlin, I am so sorry for your loss of Winnie. She was such a gorgeous hammie. xx Rest peacefully little Winnie xx

DrKMcK
01-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Sorry, sorry, sorry. Oh, such a sad thing to happen. You couldn't have known HammieandMerlin. My heart hurts for you. Peace and play well at the Bridge Winnie :-(

The Hamster's family
01-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Ohhh gosh... I am so sorry hun.... sincerely, very sorry... Many many hugs to you...

I don't know what to say...

Pompompoms
01-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Oh I am so so sorry, what a horrible way to lose beautiful Winnie :(:(. Play well gorgeous girl xx

Cheetobandito
01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
I agree, I'm so sorry!! What a horrible way to lose her! Have fun at the bridge, Winnie.

Pamela
01-05-2014, 11:35 AM
HammieandMerlin this breaks my heart, I can so relate. I also left my hammies with a trusted caregiver and went to see family for Christmas and one of mine, Mommy Violet got cold and sick. I wasnt notified by them that something was amiss...too late when I got back, I tried to bring her to health but who knows how long she was not well while I was gone and she passed 2 nights ago. It is a horrible feeling. I am so sorry for your loss, Winnie is just beautiful. What a gorgeous face she has. What a loving memorial, you gave her a wonderful life. Play well Winnie, run free with the others. xx

evel_lin
01-05-2014, 11:38 AM
You can't blame yourself, you weren't to have known. I'm so sorry you've lost her, she was a very special lady :(

Sanctuary
01-05-2014, 12:14 PM
so sorry for your loss <3 xx

SamanthaJane
01-05-2014, 01:41 PM
So sorry - sweet dreams Winnie xxx

ANGELBABIES
01-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Run free at the bridge little one - plenty of good friends and treats over there xxx

m98025
01-05-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm really sorry that you lost Winnie. Please don't blame yourself - I'm sure that Winnie knows you did everything you could for her throughout her life and was grateful.

ChocolateCream81
01-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Don't blame yourself-she knows you love her. So sorry for your loss. Xx

de4life
01-05-2014, 03:41 PM
As others have said, please don't blame yourself. You left Winnie in the care of somebody you trusted, there's nothing more you could have done. Nothing can ease the heartbreak of losing one of our little ones, but there's no need for you to feel any guilt on top of that.

Sleep well Winnie.

HammieandMerlin
01-05-2014, 08:14 PM
You all are some of the kindest people. Thank you so very much <3

souffle
01-06-2014, 05:44 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We cannot see into the future and what will be will be now so don't be hard on yourself. It drains your good emotional energy so redirect this to good things won't you x
Play well at the bridge Winnie x