PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Heny :(

JodiLeigh
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
My poor beautiful Heny passed away on the 22nd.
I don't know how old she was as I got her from a previous owner who didn't know.
I worked out that the youngest she could have been is 1 year and 3 months but that's if they bred her as soon as they got her, if she was eight weeks when they got her and again straight after she gave birth to the first litter so it is possible she was that age but it's unlikely.
She had gone in for an operation to have a lump removed from her chest and never fully recovered, I took her back saying she wasn't back to her normal self but all they could do (apparently) was give her a steroid shot and hope she got better but she never did.
I feel so bad that she suffered for almost weeks to not make it in the end, a part of me wishes she had gone peacefully under the anesthetic at least then she wouldn't have suffered afterwards.
I also wish I hadn't taken her for the operation but it had gotten so big and where it was was making it hard for her to walk and she couldn't climb out the cage by herself anymore.
At least she left behind seven little pieces of herself in the form of her offspring, the seven little fluff balls that mean I don't have to be fully with out her in my life.

basilthehammy
12-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Awww so sorry he was gorg

icklemunch
12-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Oh no Jodi i am so so sorry :(. Please don't wish you could turn back the clock, you did what was right for her and gave her a fighting chance. She and her beautiful babies were so lucky to have found you. It doesn't bare thinking about what could of happened to them.

Sleep tight Heny you will be missed, thankyou for bringing my Jeffro into this world and doing such a great little job keeping him in check xx

Jeffro sends lots of hugs and kisses your way xx

ANGELBABIES
12-31-2013, 01:56 AM
What a beautiful little girl she is - run free little one, plenty of good times at the rainbow bridge little fluff, and no more pain.
Jodileigh, please don't beat yourself about the decision you have had to make - you had her best interests at heart, and she knows it. Take care xx

Char
12-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry. You gave her a happy and loving, home. That's what matters.

JodiLeigh
12-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Thank you guys, it means a lot that people are so supportive and sympathetic. I miss her so much :(

JodiLeigh
12-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh no Jodi i am so so sorry :(. Please don't wish you could turn back the clock, you did what was right for her and gave her a fighting chance. She and her beautiful babies were so lucky to have found you. It doesn't bare thinking about what could of happened to them.

Sleep tight Heny you will be missed, thankyou for bringing my Jeffro into this world and doing such a great little job keeping him in check xx

Jeffro sends lots of hugs and kisses your way xx

It's so sad I know but it was going to happen sooner or later, it's a cruel world but I'd rather the kids out live their parents then the other way round.
And like I said "At least she left behind seven little pieces of herself in the form of her offspring, the seven little fluff balls that mean I don't have to be fully with out her in my life"
I miss her so much :( and I wish she could have had Christmas with us.

Are you in touch with LavoChain? She took on three of the babies and kept one, the dark tort I named Luna, she is now called Betty-Page and is so beautiful. I messaged her recently asking about Iggy as I wanted to keep in contact with all the new owners.

icklemunch
01-01-2014, 01:14 AM
It's so sad I know but it was going to happen sooner or later, it's a cruel world but I'd rather the kids out live their parents then the other way round.
And like I said "At least she left behind seven little pieces of herself in the form of her offspring, the seven little fluff balls that mean I don't have to be fully with out her in my life"
I miss her so much :( and I wish she could have had Christmas with us.

Are you in touch with LavoChain? She took on three of the babies and kept one, the dark tort I named Luna, she is now called Betty-Page and is so beautiful. I messaged her recently asking about Iggy as I wanted to keep in contact with all the new owners.

Ive not seen Lavo on here for ages, she did say she had Bettie but ive never seen a picture, would love too. Bet you're so glad they have all found lovely homes :)

Jeffro is a proper little sweetheart he has never so much as even nibbled me. He's not all that on cuddles though, he much prefers free roam and a little play in the playpen (i say playpen more like ignore all the toys and pouch as much of the treats in there as he possibly can). He loves running, his favourite is his flying saucer and food. And thanks to him ive rescued another 3. :)

Hope you're ok.

Pompompoms
01-03-2014, 12:55 PM
You did absolutely the right thing for Heny, getting her the help she needed to give her the best chance possible. Play well lovely little one xx

fluffydd
01-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm so sorry that you lost Henry. She was beautiful. You did your very best for her xx

amy93
01-05-2014, 05:14 PM
So sorry to hear this Jodie, and thank you so much for your love and hugs for Lilly.

LavoChain kept Iggy too, though I haven't spoken to her for a while. I have some contact details for her though if you'd like to get in touch. X

The Hamster's family
01-05-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss... You really tried to help her the best way you could and be blessed for that... Her soul is feeling free and loved and that is wonderfull...

Run free, little angel... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies...

Annie xx

DrKMcK
01-05-2014, 05:28 PM
It's never easy to lose any of our furry babies. There's no way to tell when something we do for them will help or not. But better to try than just give up. There have been so many hams here on HC who did do well that it would be wrong to just not try. You did your very best for Heny and that is what matters. Having her babies to carry on is a wonderful thing. I had that with my Sandy and Blaze Bears. Their 3 children, Pip, Chip & Dale made it much easier for me when their parents went to the bridge. Part of what makes it difficult is that hamsters live such short lives. All I can say is that every hammy, or gerbil, I've had in over 50 years has added something special to my life. Heny was a special little addition to your life. {hugs}

Cheetobandito
01-05-2014, 05:29 PM
So, so sorry. She sounds absolutely wonderful. I hope she has a carefree life at the bridge.

Wexland
01-06-2014, 05:01 AM
So sorry to read this, RIP little one.

souffle
01-06-2014, 05:46 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You did your best for her and she is free now from pain but she left a great legacy.
Play well at the bridge Heny x