PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Boy, the gorgeous red eyed boy that no one wanted.

kimlck
12-27-2013, 04:41 AM
Except me that is.

Buddy Boy had a very short illness and was helped to the bridge on 23rd of December.

The very first time i saw him he was being moved out of his home to make way for some new babies.
They put him into a box and he looked at me with those big red eyes that said "take me home" and i was hooked.
All i had to do was convince my oh he needed to come home with us,
I wanted to see him and he refused to let the staff pick him up, even hissing at them, but he climbed onto a bendy bridge and into my hands and that was it, he was mine, he even managed to wrap hubby around his little paws, the time when i was in the bath and he brought Buddy in to see me, the look on hubbys face as Buddy sat there in his hands.... Priceless.
He was such an adventurous little guy that almost from the start every night he would beg to come out for play time.
He has climbed up onto my shoulder and then to my head, he has hid himself in my clothes.
Allways running full out on his wheel or just bar chewing to come out.

The last time i held him he was so ill, i held him to my face, i kissed him and told him how awesome he was and how much we loved him and we would never forget him.
My oh stood watch over him during his last moments as i couldnt bear to and he needed someone who loved him to be there.

Both Buddy and Puff are buried in our front garden, hubby plans on getting some nice plants to mark the spots.

I hate seeing your cage empty, the room is just way too quiet with you not there, and Moo misses you too.

Play well and run free my gorgeous red eyed boy.

Always in my heart.

souffle
12-27-2013, 06:28 AM
I am so very sorry. He was truly meant to be with you and knew nothing but love in his life.
Play well at the bridge Buddy x

SyrianMomma7
12-27-2013, 06:32 AM
I genuinely cried reading this. It reminds me way too much of my butters who I lost 3 Christmases ago.
Your in my prayers! And so is your sweet fur baby.

hamsterhelper
12-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Aww this made me cry too. Rip buddy boy x

HamsterCrazy2013
12-27-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.x

racinghamster
12-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Buddy was truly special to you and you to him. Losing them is so hard to take, but remember too that you gave him the best life he could have wished for, a home with an HC member. x

gutterglitterxx
12-27-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm so sorry you didn't get more time with Buddy Boy. He truly sounds like a special boy. He will be looking down on you from his big wheel in the sky.

RIP Buddy Boy. ��

Bec
12-27-2013, 11:52 AM
So sorry for your loss, and you did give him the best life he could ever dream of. He's now at peace at the bridge. Take care and think of the happy moments.x

The Hamster's family
12-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Ohhh gosh... How sad... I sincerely hope your hearts will heal up soon enough... I'm sending you both my kisses and hugs...

Run free, little one... Keep an eye on those special someones you left behind...

Annie xx

ANGELBABIES
12-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Losing two little ones cant be easy, my thoughts are with you. You gave them both plenty of love and a loving home - they are looking down on you Kimick. Play well at the bridge little Buddy with little Puff xx

icklemunch
12-28-2013, 03:28 AM
What a beautiful memorial. Buddy boy sounded like such a character. So sorry you lost him.

Sleep tight x

kimlck
12-31-2013, 07:13 PM
Yep, he was pretty amazing.
I would rather just 5 months with him than nothing at all.

We used to call him our sniffer dog, as every time he was out, his nose would be almost flat to the floor sniffing everything in sight.

Hamtastic
01-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Rest in peace, beautiful Buddy Boy. You seem to have been a particularly memorable ham with an interesting life--may your adventures continue at the Bridge.

Wexland
01-02-2014, 04:58 AM
Aw bless the little man. RIP sweet soul.

Why do the red eyed hammies get over looked? My Bubbles has red eyes, I love them. She and another red eyed hamster were the only 2 unreserved onces when I got her :(

Pompompoms
01-03-2014, 01:06 PM
I am so glad he found his forever home with you, he knew when you came in, and certainly wasn't going to be going with anyone else! Play well little man xx

kimlck
01-03-2014, 07:35 PM
He must've Known i was a soft touch
As soon as i saw him and held him he was mine.
Just glad i gave him the very best i could,

Colby and the Dwarfs
01-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm a sucker for red eyes;) All my dwarfies have red eyes, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but many people refuse to hold them because of it. I recently lost a red eyed boy too, Uno, and we planted him under a tree, between the roots, because he'd become lodged in the roots of my heart:cry:

So sorry to hear about your loss, rest in peace little guy.

ChocolateCream81
01-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Cappuccino has red eyes, and everyone thinks he is evil-he is the complete opposite. So sorry for your loss. Xx Play well at the bridge.xx

fluffydd
01-04-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm so sorry that you lost Buddy Boy. That's a lovely memorial to him and shows how much you loved him. He sounds like a wonderful character and I'm so glad he got the lovely home he deserved with you xxx