PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa - a Christmas story

souffle
12-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Dear Santa…

1st December
Dear Santa,
My name is Poly and I have golden fur. Things are happening around my cage. Not sure why because I am small. There are whisperings and giggles. Tonight I ate a sunflower seed.
Love Poly
XXXXX

7th December
Dear Santa,
Oh my goodness they have brought in a tree! It sparkles and twinkles. They sing pretty songs and let me snuggle in their warm dressing gowns. Tonight I ate a peanut and two sunflower seeds.
Love Poly
XXXXX

14th December
Dear Santa,
Tonight they took me to the window and the world was white. I jumped when my nose touched the glass. It was cold! The snowman winked at me. I ran to the tree. The fairy smiled. Tonight I ate a sunflower seed, two peanuts and a sweetcorn.
Love Poly
XXXXX
P.S. Why don’t you reply?

21st December
Dear Santa,
Still no reply but I guess it is your busy time. They keep talking about you here. There are rustlings and secrets and smells of cakes and puddings and mince pies. Tonight I ate a raisin (yum), two sunflower seeds, two peanuts, a sweetcorn and a black thing (YUK!).
Love Poly
XXXXX
P.S. I am getting bigger.

24th December
Dear Santa
Tonight is special. I know it is. The star shines so bright it lights up my whole cage. I have a stocking hanging on my water bottle and the world is calm and gentle. I hear the sound of the carols filling the midnight sky. They say you will come tonight just as the baby Jesus came on this night so long ago. Tonight I ate the same as last night.
Love Poly
XXXX
P.S. Drive safely

25th December
Dear Poly
I know you did not see me but I saw you little ham curled up in your warm nest. Yes, I come every year at Christmas and next year I will wake you up and take you with me to see the world. Tonight I ate 25 million mince pies and drank 25 million glasses of milk. No wonder I’m so large! My sleigh is full of carrots which should last the reindeer all year. Have a wonderful Christmas Poly and thanks for the letters. Look in your stocking now and see you next year.
Love Santa
XXXXXX

25th December
Dear Santa.
Thank you and Merry Christmas.
Love Poly
XXXXX
P.S. Tonight I ate a honey nut treat bar!

DrKMcK
12-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Oh my Lord, Souffle. That was so charming. I wound up with goosebumps :-). My sister told me last night that she actually bought gifts for my Yoda and for all the hams. My hamily will think Santa came for them too! Lovely little story. Merry Christmas! :-D

basilthehammy
12-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Awwww so cute!

SinNyx
12-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Such a sweet lil story! Lovely to read :)

BrainGirl
12-24-2013, 08:13 AM
That was adorable :)

beth251993
12-24-2013, 08:36 AM
aww :D amazing

The Hamster's family
12-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Made me smile (and maybe tear up a little!!) Xmas magic never fails to move me and make me emotional...!!!

Merry Christmas to you all !! Love you guys !!

Hamsters4eva x
12-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Aw that's so sweet! :)

ChocolateCream81
12-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Aww you are so poetic:) merry Christmas! Xx

Nancy's Hamsters
12-24-2013, 11:29 PM
I enjoyed the Poly story Thanks Poly and Souffle for sharing this small gift of christmas Cheer.

Gazmo
12-25-2013, 10:56 AM
awww that was so amaziningly cute :') x