PDA

View Full Version : Rip Magnum :'(

Jessie
12-14-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm posting here a bit late. I couldn't do it before now... I woke up one morning last week to find magnum laying face down in his cage. I thought nothing of it since he sleeps like that occasionally. I noticed he was in the same spot about an hour later so I went to check things out. I have no idea how it happened and I know rationally it's not my fault but I'm beyond heartbroken. His one eye had a huge gash above it and the eye was not in it's socket. The other eye was all goopy and gross. He was weak and could hardly move. I considered taking him to a vet but I knew there was nothing that could be done. I gave him baby food and water VIA syringe to see if I could get his strength up but nothing helped/ We lost him the next day. I don't know what happened. I inspected literally every inch of his cage and I couldn't find anything that could have done this. None of the other cages were too close.. Nothing. I have no idea what happened and mI'm having a very hard time accepting it. He was only about a year old and the most cuddly loving hamster I've ever met :'( Rip little buddy. You'll be greatly missed.

Vectis Hamstery
12-15-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm sorry for your loss and in such disturbing circumstances.

Run free, little Magnum x

pumpkin123
12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Im so sorry to hear about this RIP Magnum!

ANGELBABIES
12-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Play well at the bridge little man xx

lewisforr
12-15-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. My impression is that Magnum had some type of tumor or infection that caused the area to swell and rupture. It's so good that you were able to comfort him and let him feel your loving touch before he passed. And now he is running around on the Bridge back in fully restored good health xx

fluffydd
12-15-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm so sorry that you lost Magnum xx

Jessie
12-15-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. My impression is that Magnum had some type of tumor or infection that caused the area to swell and rupture. It's so good that you were able to comfort him and let him feel your loving touch before he passed. And now he is running around on the Bridge back in fully restored good health xx

That's pretty much what I thought it was... :(

The Hamster's family
12-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm soo sorry for your loss.... =(

I hope your heart heals up soon... Many hugs to you...

Run free, little one... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies...

Annie xxx

Pompompoms
12-20-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm so very sorry, that must have been such a shocking and hard loss. Play well little Magnum xx

souffle
01-06-2014, 05:18 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You did your best for him and he is free now from pain.
Play well at the bridge Magnum x

DrKMcK
01-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Oh no, what a terrible thing to happen. :-( I am so sorry this happened to Magnum. Play well at the bridge little man :-(