PDA

View Full Version : Edwin <3

GhostsInSnow
12-03-2013, 08:48 AM
My beautiful Edwin-Bear went to the Bridge on Thursday afternoon :(
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee13/hannah_mcrmy/EdwinFace_zpsbdfd6f76.jpg (http://s232.photobucket.com/user/hannah_mcrmy/media/EdwinFace_zpsbdfd6f76.jpg.html)

I'd always wanted a Sable hammie and when I saw Edwin in the adoptions thread I couldn't stop thinking about him, however, I couldn't have another hammie at the time as I already had 2 and the mice. I lost two of my mice to illness in a short space of time, and had already decided I wanted a break from mice, so I decided my remaining mouse Minnie-Min would go to live with a big group of female mice where I could always go and see her and knew she would be looked after.
With this plan in place I checked the Potty4Hams page again and was shocked to see Edwin still there. People had inquired but no one had taken him so I reserved him and picked him up a the end of June.
He was everything I expected and more, a little cuddle monster who seemed to have random explosions of fluff every so often. He was an unstoppable bar chewer and even his final cage, the mamble 100, wasn't enough for him but I didn't mind. When I lost Fudgey in September my lil guy helped me through and made me smile when I didn't feel like it.
I was devastated when he started to lose his fur and started sleeping more so I took him to the vets for a check up. They couldn't find anything wrong with him but then he stopped eating and started to lose weight so I took him back last week.
We were given a vitamin injection for him and I was told that if he didn't start eating then it was a bad sign and that there was a big possibility that he had a tumour. Unfortunately my poor, brave little bear had given up. He wouldn't take baby food and started to refuse a syringe. I took him back again on Thursday where a tumour was confirmed and I let him go to the bridge.
I never expected to have such a short time with you Edwin and I really wish you could have been here for Christmas, I still have your present wrapped up, but I'm glad I could give you a few months of being spoiled and happiness and love.
As much as it annoyed me, I miss your bar chewing at night, it doesn't feel right without it keeping me awake. I hope you've found Fudgey up at the bridge and are looking after each other <3
RIP little guy, play well up there and chew on all the bars you want xx

evel_lin
12-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Play well at the bridge Edwin :(

Susie
12-03-2013, 10:01 AM
I love you so much not so fluffy Tedwin. Hope you are chainsaw chewing to your heart's content up there xxxx

TriscuitRulez
12-03-2013, 11:25 AM
It was so nice that you had time with him and he had an amazing last few months with you. For hamsters that's like years and years. You gave him a grand exit. I'm sure he thinks of you while chewing bars in the sky.

fluffydd
12-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm so sorry that you've lost Edwin so soon. He was such a handsome boy. You've written a beautiful memorial for him.

Munchalot
12-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm so sorry, he was such a gorgeous little man. That was a lovely memorial, I could feel that you loved him dearly. Edwin was a very lucky boy to have landed on his paws with you, and though that may not have been for long, he had more care and love a hamster could wish for.

Sleep tight little one xx

gutterglitterxx
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Run free, play well, sleep tight Edwin.

racinghamster
12-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Really sad to hear little Edwin took ill GIS. Remember the fun times and smile when you look at his photos and he will always be with you. x

souffle
12-05-2013, 01:56 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. He was a real charmer and very beautiful
Play well at the bridge Edwin x

Pompompoms
12-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Such a beautiful little guy, I'm so sorry you lost him, he will find Fudge at the bridge and they will be safe together. Play well gorgeous boy xx

TaysMomma
05-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Did you adopt Edwin from Potty4Hams? I was desperate for him, but couldn't have any more hams till now. So glad he had a wonderful life, he's so handsome! <3

Syrian Hammy
05-24-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm so so sorry you lost him. He was a beautiful ham.

Sleep well Edwin. X

Smara
05-31-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( He was gorgeous and greatly cared for. Now he's playing happily at the rainbow bridge, healthy and free but always missing you.