PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Little Lightning, play well at the bridge.

Scampi16
12-01-2013, 11:09 AM
My little Robo Lightning died today, I'm so upset :cry:, but so shocked too as out of my three 1 year olds Lightning seemed the least likely to pass so young.
I found him today asleep in a food bowl, when i lifted it out i knew something was wrong, I took him and held him gently as he passed away in my hand.
i still remember the day i bought you and your brother Bolt home from the adoption corner at P@H originally called Salt & Pepper aged 4 months old, you were both lively pawing at the glass saying take me home & of course i did and you have both been so playful since with many funny antics, i will miss you so much :cry:.
Bolt was wandering around his cage earlier searching for you Lightning, he misses you too.
i really don't know how this will affect Bolt as they have always been inseparable.
Play well at Rainbow bridge my cute Little Lightning.

icklemunch
12-01-2013, 11:59 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :(

Lightening was such a cutie. And what a lucky boy he was to end up in his forever home with you.

Poor Bolt, hope he cheers up soon.

Sleep tight little man x

fluffydd
12-01-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm really sorry that you've lost Lightning. They are beautiful pictures of him.

Hugs for you and Bolt x x x

ANGELBABIES
12-01-2013, 01:03 PM
So sorry you lost little Lightning. Hope you will find comfort in the fact that you loved him and gave him the very best. Run free little fluff. Hugs to little Bolt xx

Syrian Hammy
12-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm so sorry for your lose. Lightening was adorable. Sleep well little man.

Scampi16
12-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Thank you everybody for your kind wishes, the loss of Lightning is sill sinking in and I just feel numb. I went to look in on Bolt again last night, just saddened me as i could see him searching every corner of the cage behind all the toys, he kept going in and out of their house, I'm sure he was looking for Lightning. I talked to him saying that little Lightning had gone and wouldn't be coming back to him, of course he doesn't understand what i was saying to him and there was no way i could comfort him or get him to understand that his little playmate will be with him no more.
Has anybody else lost one of a pair (a close pair that have been together for over a year without fighting) and what has been the reaction of the remaining pair? I don't know how to comfort Bolt in his loss or how he will get on, i'm sure after a short time he will proberly stop looking and get on with his own routine.

As shown in pictures attached they were such a close pair, playing together, bathing together, sleeping together, sharing food/treats and even kissing in the bath.

DrKMcK
12-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Oh Scampi, I am so, so, sorry about you losing Lightning. Poor little Bolt, he's going to take some time to get used to being alone. I've enjoyed seeing these two for so long now. It's hard to imagine Bolt without Lightning. I feel so bad :-(. Play well at the Bridge Lightning.

racinghamster
12-02-2013, 05:32 AM
What a sad loss for you Scampi and for wee Bolt. It`s hard enough losing one but also dealing with the grief left behind for his buddy. I`m sure Bolt will adapt in time but it`s hard to know what they feel as non-human. I never keep pairs myself but I can imagine how it feels to lose one and be left worrying over the cage mate.

Poor wee lad. Rest and play little Lightning. Robos live fast and speedy lives and I`m sure my Rocky will be keeping you company now. x

Munchies
12-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Big hugs xxx

souffle
12-05-2013, 01:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so hard when they have been so special.
Play well at the bridge Lightning x

Pompompoms
12-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm so sorry to read about Bolt, such tiny little fluffs, but they leave such huge impressions on your heart when the bridge calls them on.

It will help Bolt to fully clean the cage and everything in it, remnoving Lightning's scent will help him settle again as he will have still been able to smell him and thought he was there. Bolt will be ok, he'll adjust well in time.

Play well little guy xx

Scampi16
12-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm so sorry to read about Bolt, such tiny little fluffs, but they leave such huge impressions on your heart when the bridge calls them on.

It will help Bolt to fully clean the cage and everything in it, remnoving Lightning's scent will help him settle again as he will have still been able to smell him and thought he was there. Bolt will be ok, he'll adjust well in time.

Play well little guy xx

Thanks

I have given Bolt a full clean out, thrown all bedding/subtrate and replaced with new, scrubbed the cage and all washable toys, bowls, sand bath etc. Bolt was looking a little aged last week, he seemed so stressed and upset, he looks a little better this week, but still seems upset but getting there. last week he was forever walking round the cage looking for Lightning and squeaking & chripping as if calling for him and doing same to me when he came to see me at cage door like he was asking me where Lightning was, it was so upsetting (Bolt had never made noises like this before they were both silent hams), even though he has had the full clean out he is still chirriping/squeaking walking round the cage, but I am hoping he will settle down soon. he of course has a nice big HH all to himself no sharing of wheels, toys, treats etc (they had a wheel each & a FS). I am still keeping an eye on Bolt and giving him extra attention now (they had attention before).

luxbear
12-10-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, play well little Lightning! xx

A_Couple_In_Love
12-11-2013, 07:03 AM
So sorry for your loss, it's hard when they go but eventually it becomes easier especially when you think about all the good memories you shared. :) Play well little one!

SinNyx
12-11-2013, 01:07 PM
R.I.P. little man x