PDA

View Full Version : Cages in same room.........update on babies

Roverina
09-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Will it be ok to put the 2 babies in separate cages but in same room once they are away from their Mum? I have bought 2 cages today so I am ready for the great separation next weekend. They will be 3 weeks and 5 days then, to the best of my knowledge. They are beautiful. I had one on my hand today but he? jumped back off. I am gonna get them out as soon as I can. One is a little girl as I could see that clearly when she was feeding from Mum but not seen the other ones "bits" yet....lol

I think maybe people think I am silly asking the above question but I am just wondering if they get stressed being able to smell each other in the same room especially if they are one male and one female.

nooboo
09-11-2005, 03:12 AM
all three of my hamsters are in the same room, and are in cages close to each other, I have them on a shelf unit type thing, one lot at the top another on the bottom self, the third on the top shelf of the unit at right angles to the other. I have never had any problems, most the time they don't even seem to accept there are other hamsters about... until you take one out or give one a treat the others didn't get, then I find little faces running to the front of their cage sections, trying to get my attention. One has even figured out that it's best to run up to her top section then look pitiful if she wants a treat then out.

It means I also usually have them all out in their floor balls at once, where they quite hapily ignore each other or run their balls into each other, it does not seem to stress or upset them at all. About the funniest break out I even had involved one getting loose from her floor ball and going to see the male, climed onto the shelf his cages is on, and put her paws on his cage sides, with him doing the same the other side, it's nice to think it was long lost love, not that she was sat drooling thinking yummm dinner...

so after a lot of waffle, I think it would be fine, mine are all in same room, next to each other almost and they dont seem to care, and they are not even litter mates.

babyboos
09-12-2005, 02:05 PM
I have a whole room of hamsters, I am sorry I could not manage one cage per room :oops: I don't see any issues with them all in the one room at all in fact keep the mess to one carpet to hoover everyday :?

hamsterman
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
:) I have 2 syrians in separeate cages on one wide desk, and I put a divider in the middle between the two cages. However since I got my second ham Inky, my first ham Blinky (named after the ghosts in Pac Man) likes to stuff his wooden carrot chew in the doorway of his bed - I guess he doesn't want any intruders in his bed :wink:

sarahh
05-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi ya they will be absolutly fine in the same room. I have mum in one room as not enough room for the 2 babies cages in the front room and the 2 babies well their not small babies anyway they are 7 weeks 3 days old and they are next to each other on a shelf in the garage next 2 2 other females and they are next to a male and they have excepted that there are others next to them and don't take any notice until hehe they notice one has comeout and then they all want out.

No worries about it it will be fine but good on you for asking though.

Sarah x

Spuds Mum
05-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Could I refer you to the date the original thread was posted? I'm pretty sure these babies will not be together nearly 3 years later :wink:

Its always a good idea to check the date of the post, although Roverina hasnt been around in a long time, it may have been upsetting to her if she had just lost one of the hamsters recently :)