PDA

View Full Version : The 1st DIY cage for my hamster Rose

funny2012
10-20-2013, 11:58 PM
All are in the video:
Yci73RUHJbM

Nush
10-21-2013, 05:15 AM
I like the CD decoration. It looks really cool.
The only thing I'd say is that I'd probably add some substrate on the mesh level because there is a risk of bumble foot if hammies walk barefooted on mesh.

funny2012
10-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I like the CD decoration. It looks really cool.
The only thing I'd say is that I'd probably add some substrate on the mesh level because there is a risk of bumble foot if hammies walk barefooted on mesh.
-----------------------------
Yeh, I am thinking adding some edges on mesh inside the cage, but haven't have a good solution. Maybe wood or something. The first choice is to recycle my home stuff.

icklemunch
10-21-2013, 11:19 AM
-----------------------------
Yeh, I am thinking adding some edges on mesh inside the cage, but haven't have a good solution. Maybe wood or something. The first choice is to recycle my home stuff.

Grass mats are great for covering mesh/bars. Mainly sold for rabbits. Not sure where you are from but amazon,ebay and zooplus all sell them.

souffle
10-21-2013, 12:11 PM
I like the decor too :) Looks roomy. I would just cover with cardboard which you can easily replace when it gets grubby or chewed. :)

funny2012
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
I like the decor too :) Looks roomy. I would just cover with cardboard which you can easily replace when it gets grubby or chewed. :)
---------------------------
CDs are outside of the cage. The hamster can not reach it.

Tutu
10-22-2013, 12:10 AM
---------------------------
CDs are outside of the cage. The hamster can not reach it.

She meant cover the mesh with cardboard I think. I'm forever collecting shoe boxes for hamster and find them very useful for all sorts of uses.

funny2012
10-22-2013, 10:15 AM
She meant cover the mesh with cardboard I think. I'm forever collecting shoe boxes for hamster and find them very useful for all sorts of uses.

--------------------
Oh, good idea. I will add some cardboard on the edge of the mesh. Thanks.

Onyx
10-29-2013, 10:50 PM
I used my daughter's old toys too. Especially her wooden blocks. I used them for feet for levels I added. The CD's are a awesome addition.