PDA

View Full Version : Frosty our Special Boy

Jillysunbeam
10-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Today as I write this I can't believe we have lost you little one. Over nearly two years you have become part of our family and have been so loved.
I bit the bullet the week before Christmas two years ago and got you as a pet for the kids who had asked for months for a pet hamster. I'd had hamsters before and although Hubbie was not keen, I thought it would be good for the kids. I'll never forget the morning I went to the pet shop to get you. There were loads of baby hamsters sleeping soundly in tanks and then there was you...bigger than the others and leaping about for attention like your life depended on it. A sucker for long haired hammies I ignored the fact you were older and took you home to Gran's where you would wait a few days to be delivered on Christmas morning.

I need not have worried about the kids not loving you or refusing to care for you as it was love at first sight. As you arrived at Christmas we called you 'Frosty' after the snowman or Cinnamon Frost as my 11 year old daughter insisted you have a posh name as well. You grew rapidly out of your wheels and cages until you moved into your last cage, an Alaska, where you used to have us in fits of laughter with your climbing abilities which earned you the nickname 'Spiderham' from our friends. You were so sociable, always getting up at dinner time to watch us and charm a little titbit from us.

At night when the kids went to bed we would let you out to explore our living and dining room. It was a nightly occurrence as once it started we couldn't go near your cage as you would leap up and down to be lifted out. I used to love watching you trying to climb my ironing pile. You would jump at my ankles to be picked up. You would even come when called. You were such a joy to behold we hardly noticed you getting older.

Then 10 days ago you became wobbly on your feet and I took you to the vets who gave me medicine for you. Something inside me knew that this would not end well. I gave you the meds and we cared for you in the hope you would pull through. It was not to be and you became weaker and weaker until 2 days ago, surrounded by the people who loved you, you slipped away.

We buried you in a little cardboard box with letters from the kids. I watched sadly as the kids filled in your grave at the bottom of our garden and placed fresh flowers on top.

You were such a gentle boy, you never bit or scratched or showed any aggression towards us, not even near the end. If God lent you to us for a while then He lent us one of His best. I wish we could have had a little longer with you.

We hope you are happy at the bridge with our other hamsters, Samuel, Rosie and Daisy. We will never forget you. Much love xxxx

Munchalot
10-01-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's sounds like Frostie was a real little character, and loved dearly by you all. It's so hard when that truly special little friend has to leave us.

He was a beautiful little boy, and I have no doubt that you gave him a fantastic life.
Hugs to you all. xx

Char
10-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Sorry for your loss. He looks a cutie.

icklemunch
10-01-2013, 08:05 AM
So very sorry for your loss. A really beautiful tribute for a stunning little ham.

Sleep tight Frosty x

fluffydd
10-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Frosty was beautiful and he sounds like a wonderful character. I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to him. That's a lovely memorial. *hugs*

Ilovehamsters
10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
So sorry for your loss :( R.I.P Frosty :( x

caro317
10-01-2013, 05:04 PM
What a beautiful tribute for a gorgeous ham. Rest well little one x

souffle
10-02-2013, 08:33 AM
I am so very sorry. A beautiful tribute to a much loved boy who will be so missed.
Play well at the bridge Frosty xx

Pouches
10-02-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Frosty, it sounds like he was very loved. Play well at the bridge Frosty!

The Hamster's family
10-04-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm soo sorry it was his time to the Bridge... =( I hope your kids (and yourself) can make the most of it and carry on his memory and remember all the good things about him... It's never easy to see them go; hope the sun will shine on your household soon...

Play well at the Bridge, special boy... Blow a kiss to those special humans you left behind...

Annie xx

Pompompoms
10-09-2013, 07:07 AM
A lovely memorial, and what a handsome boy Frosty was. You gve hom a wonderful life filled with love, exactly as it should be. Play well little man xx