Bunsey
06-19-2008, 04:28 AM
It's Harvey Hams, after my beloved smoosh :D

BatKat
06-19-2008, 04:38 AM
Well Done :D

So Paddy & Orchid can have pups now and Harvey Hams will be a famous breeder :D

06-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Congratulations Bunsey!! I think you should change it to Smoosh Hams....or maybe your new title as owner of Harvey Hams can be "Master Smoosher"?! :D

Bunsey
06-19-2008, 04:47 AM
i'm still not sure whether i prefer Bunsey Hams :lol:

it tooks me months to decide! I went for harvey cos bunsey sounds a bit "huh? what's a bun-zee?" :lol:

Yes, i had to retrict my self to simply "Harvey" and not Harvey Parvey Smoosh Hams"! Me and mum did have a laugh at these things :lol:

Holly Wolly Fluffness Hams :lol:

Basia
06-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Congratulations Bunsey, I love the Harvey Hams prefix :wink:

Emma1978
06-19-2008, 08:48 AM
congratulations, my Mum has just registered "Cherished Cavies" for her Guinea Pigs

Spuds Mum
06-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Congratulations! Harvey hams is lovely! :D

souffle
06-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Congrats on your new prefix. Harvey hams is lovely. :D

Foreverhamsters
06-20-2008, 02:13 PM
did you get a A4 certificate thing through the post bunsey? i got my Forever Hamstersceritifcate through the post today!

Bunsey
06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
yes, i got my certificate :D I think they must have been signing a batch of them :lol:

Basia
06-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I got mine yesterday too. :P

Bunsey
06-21-2008, 11:48 AM
yey! Congrats Wyeside Hamstery :D

Holly
06-21-2008, 01:30 PM
I got mine yesterday too. :P

Brilliant Gill :)

Wonder when we'll next get to see Wyeside hams in action (ie when we'll next be at the same show?)

Basia
06-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks you two. I was very chuffed when it came. :D
I am going to Bath next and after that there are just Blenheim and Bowood displays and I will hopefully go to one or both, then Cardiff I think.
Loads of shows when I had nothing to show - now I actually have something to take - no shows. :|
Congratulations today by the way both of you! What lovely hammies you both have. :P

internet_nobody
06-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I should really start thinking about what I want to be...I thought about going for one of the hamster's names like Bunsey has but then i'm not sure if i'd want to change when I lost that hamster...Most people seem to pick a name something along the lines of where they are, but "Coventry Hams" or "Warwick Hams" are rubbish, i'm not from here and I don't instend to stick around here after I graduate (although I have said that for the last 2 graduations...). I call them all the Monsters...but Monster Hams is a bit offputting :P

Although I have to work on convincing Mike that its time to think about the next generation of Orns...Mind you the first Ornlets have only been to one show. I think Bjorn is still the best Ornlet which is a bit of a pain...could have done with it being a girly.

Spuds Mum
06-23-2008, 10:42 AM
How about Mysteron hams? Or Ornlet hams?
Or, harlequin hams (oh - I love that, and I thought about it because of the rabbits) :D
Or how about.....
Nobody's Hams :wink:

arikata
06-23-2008, 10:44 AM
What is a prefix?

I_am_plankton
06-23-2008, 11:04 AM
What is a prefix?

It's a name registered to you that you show under :)

However I have been registered for a couple of months and so far none of my prize cards or such have said my Prefix :S

Bunsey
06-23-2008, 11:31 AM
i found that loosing a ham made me want to use the name more, to keep their memory alive. I'm not sure about the names of your hams being suitable though, i mean Peggy Hams is a bit odd really :lol:

mysteron hams? Peghank ham? Emmike hams? ok i'm getting silly now :lol:

I wanted a location one, but none of them worked. Anything to do with stoke doesn't work cos it a) sounds rubbish and b) i don't live in stoke! Newcastle sounds like i'm in N-U-T, not N-U-L. Also, if you move you have to change it, as you said.

do you know where you will move to eventually? you could call it that in advance!

Bunsey
06-23-2008, 11:32 AM
What is a prefix?

It's a name registered to you that you show under :)

However I have been registered for a couple of months and so far none of my prize cards or such have said my Prefix :S

when you sent your entries in did you say "entries for Woodland Hamstery" or did you just give your name? You need to say the hamstery name, else it'll go in under whatever you sign the email with.

internet_nobody
06-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I live in Stoke, Bunsey :P I'll be Stoke hams then. Well, techinically I live in "Gosford Green" which actually sounds quite nice...but Gosford Hams would sound a bit Gosfod Park.

06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
I live in Stoke, Bunsey :P I'll be Stoke hams then. Well, techinically I live in "Gosford Green" which actually sounds quite nice...but Gosford Hams would sound a bit Gosfod Park.

I think Gosford Hams sounds good!! :)

I chose Lindellen because although it sounds like a place (it is a place somewhere apparently), its actually a combination of my late mum and grandma's names Linda and Ellen. I wanted something to be in my mum's memory as that's where I get my animal addiction from - and the Kennel Club prefix we used when my mum was breeding & showing Shelties was a combination of her, my Dad and my names, so its sort of inkeeping with the family tradition. :wink:

I_am_plankton
06-23-2008, 01:22 PM
when you sent your entries in did you say "entries for Woodland Hamstery" or did you just give your name? You need to say the hamstery name, else it'll go in under whatever you sign the email with.

That's where I was going wrong! The first show I entered with my Prefix I said my Prefix and it was ignored so I wasn't sure what to try next! I have emailed Pete to ask him to amend the Andover entry and will use it now in future