PDA

View Full Version : cardboard/paper toy ideas?

Tam909
09-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Hey, does anyone have any ideas for toys using plain paper or carboard boxes ect? i've been spilling out on my "soon to be" hamster and i've got a ton of cardboard boxes to use up! i have elmers school glue and plati-kote if they are needed :) thanks!

BrainGirl
09-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi Tam, did you check the DIY section? Lots of good ideas there! Other than that, why not make cardboard versions of all the wooden toys you can buy? I'm in the midst of making an A-frame climber out of some double-thickness cardboard and I'm going to glue popsicle sticks to the sides for traction. I've also got a pile of heavy cardboard tubes from a carpeting store that I'll be playing with later.

I'll try to post a picture when I'm actually finished!

LancashireLass
09-30-2013, 12:54 AM
I have a very simple little toy in fact it takes seconds to make. You need the cardboard inner of a toilet roll a plain piece of A4 paper and some treats. Place the toilet roll holder dead centre of the paper length ways and screw the paper at one end so it looks like a Christmas cracker, pop in the treats and do the same at the other side so it actually looks like a Christmas cracker. Pop it in the cage and watch your hammy while it chews its way to the treats.

Tam909
10-01-2013, 10:21 AM
cool thanks guys! :)