PDA

View Full Version : My beautiful boy died yesterday

Goldie
09-14-2013, 12:21 AM
My beautiful hamster Goldie died yesterday. Back in July he had a tumour removed, it was successful and he went back to his normal self. Unfortunately, last week he got another and suddenly they were appearing on his tummy, head, back and lastly under his chin. He started to drop his food which the vet said was due to pain, his ear canal was blocked by a tumour, so yesterday he was put to sleep. My beautiful little boy has gone and I am devastated. My two girls were sad yesterday but children are resilient and they have bounced back. All I can think about is my poor little sweet man who went through so much and gave us such joy. RIP my beautiful sweet dreams x

icklemunch
09-14-2013, 12:25 AM
So sorry for you loss.

Sleep tight Goldie x

Gazmo
09-14-2013, 01:16 AM
oh the poor thing, im so so sorry for your loss,,

run free little goldie

Goldie
09-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Thank you so much, I know he would be in pain now if he was still here. It is better for him that he is gone. I miss the smell of his coat and his lovely little ways, so gentle with my girls.

TraceyH
09-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry you lost him. You did all you could for him though and he had a great life with you.

souffle
09-14-2013, 02:55 AM
I am so very sorry. He sounds like a wonderful hammie who has given so much to your family.
Play well the the bridge Goldie and send a rainbow to your mum so she knows you are safe. Watch out for the next rainbow won't you Goldie xx

Goldie
09-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Watching out for those rainbows. He was such a sweet little man.

The Hamster's family
09-14-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm very sorry you have lost your sweet boy... It's never easy to see them go... =( I hope that the sweet memories of him can soothe your heart soon enough...

Run free, little boy... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies...

Annie xx

ANGELBABIES
09-14-2013, 10:52 AM
It's never easy to lose a beloved little pet - they mean so much to us. Children love pets in a different way to us. It's never easy as adults as our little ones become our little sons n daughters. But Goldie is not in pain anymore - you have him the peace he needed. Run free at the bridge little one - send mummy your love - look out for a white feather or a rainbow or a sudden break in the clouds when the sun comes out just for you - you will know its from your little one xxx

DrKMcK
09-14-2013, 11:10 AM
The last best thing we can do for our very loved hamsters is to free them from pain when there is nothing more that can be done. It's really a gift for them. You may be left feeling sadness and pain, but you've shown Goldie how much you loved him by allowing him to leave when he really needed to. Your sense of loss and sadness will pass over time, leaving you with all of the good memories of your little man. My deepest sympathy to you. :-(. Play well at the Bridge Goldie.

HamsterCrazy2013
09-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Im so sorry for your loss. x

LancashireLass
09-15-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your loss, play well little man xxxxxx

Janie

Goldie
09-15-2013, 06:14 AM
Thank you for your kind words.

fluffydd
09-24-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry that you lost Goldie xxx

Pompompoms
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Oh I'm so sorry, he was clearly a lovely boy and so well loved. Play well little man xx