PDA

View Full Version : Split-Tank From Scratch - How Should We Hang The Bottle?

luxbear
09-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Today, my husband and I spent the day creating a split-tank for two Robos. We created a screen divider from scratch!

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p676/kavermes/image.jpeg

We also bought this holder for the water bottles, but we're having difficulty figuring out how we should hang it/attach it to the tank. Do any of you tank users have any advice?

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p676/kavermes/photo-1.jpg

Sparklegirl
09-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Hmm, Velcro? BTW cool idea!

luxbear
09-02-2013, 01:58 PM
I didn't even think of Velcro but that actually might be awesome - it typically has strong adhesive on one side. Obviously tape wasn't going to work, assuming it got wet while cleaning the tank weekly. Thanks for the suggestion!

POLAR WHITES
09-02-2013, 03:03 PM
I like how you have done the tank unsure about water bottle but tank looks really good

luxbear
09-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you! :) We settled on Velcro

Ginger's Grandma
09-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I think Rolo is going to be very happy... 12 more days!! Are you planning on taking the screen out once they are use to each other or keep them in a split cage?

luxbear
09-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Depends on how they seem to get along! :) Figured it would be a good precautionary measure. I've been doing a ton of research and I guess it could go either way, 50/50 chance they get along. They might also do fine together at first as babies, but start to hate each other when they become "teens" and their testosterone levels spike.

HollyHamster
09-02-2013, 04:25 PM
I have a similar water bottle holder for my Syrian cage. It has a clip on the back that is easily bendable, and I just formed it around the lid and outside wall of the tank and made sure to leave plenty of headway for the tank lid. It sits really nice and doesn't bang around too much.

luxbear
09-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah there are clips on the back of ours but after trying to hang them that way, we realized the bottles would be placed way too high up for the babies to drink, haha

HollyHamster
09-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah, that would be a bit high for a robo. I usually just add a thick layer of Carefresh to the bottom and that helps whomever I have at the time, that being Sylvia the Syrian right now, to better access the bottle.