PDA

View Full Version : tub/bin cages

Foreverhamsters
06-15-2008, 03:58 AM
These are some tub cages (made by Wellington Hamsters not me) that I use. These are old pictures I have made about 7/8 more of them since. I have also made some smaller ones which I use to seperate boys and girls from litters before they go to their new home.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/alexshamstery/PICT0225.jpg

This is a split cage also made by Wellington Hamsters. They are really good for pairing up Chinese as it gives you and idea of how they are going to react before you introduce them.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/alexshamstery/PICT0020.jpg

Matty Day
06-15-2008, 01:06 PM
If you have one of those split ones spare, I'll buy it :D
If not how much do you think it would cost to make a split one? materials etc :D

arikata
06-15-2008, 09:47 PM
if you have one of toose split ones spare ill buy it :D
if not how much do you tink it would cost to make a split one? materails etc :D

I'm sure it won't be much more, just the cost of a larger bin and a divider :D

Foreverhamsters
06-15-2008, 11:58 PM
It isn't much more cost-wise Matty it just takes 3 times as long to put a divider in place. I only have one at the moment. I made 3 new tubs yesterday but all singles.

My single tubs cost me about 5 each plus time^^
I use a soldering iron to melt out the square for the mesh. You will need mesh, nuts, washers and bolts.

I will post a guide later on how I make them.

arikata
06-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Where do you get your tubs from? I've been struggling to find one!

Foreverhamsters
06-16-2008, 12:27 PM
MR.CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sometimes Wilko's but Mr.cheap has the same tubs for 1 less each ^^
Wilko's sell them at 3 ish each in loads of different sizes!

And now I have heard about the hamster wiki article who needs my guide lol? (PS:that was rhetorical)

arikata
06-16-2008, 01:23 PM
We have neither near us which is a shame :( I'll just have to keep my beady eyes open!

Foreverhamsters
06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
the nearest one to you is;
DROYLSDEN SHOPPING CENTRE GB - MANCHESTER M43 7AD
I love store locators ^^. Not sure if it's too far or not, I just used Stockport as a search reference.

arikata
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately it's quite a distance from here :( Thank you anyway!x

T-Bone
06-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I've been struggling to find some and was going to settle on the below boxes as they are great dimensions for the space and other cage I have but I will check out Wilkinson when I am in Leeds on Friday!

mollldoll
06-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Katzilla - you can order from wilkinsons online (shipping is about 4 pounds), i usually order from them as it costs me over 5 pounds to get there! lol

arikata
06-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Katzilla - you can order from wilkinsons online (shipping is about 4 pounds), i usually order from them as it costs me over 5 pounds to get there! lol

I'll bear that in mind, my mum says that there are some on sale in morrisons so I'll be checking in there first!x