PDA

View Full Version : RIP Leah & Zach

Phoenix
08-16-2013, 11:15 AM
I've been expecting Leah to go for a while now. At the beginning of the year she was in perfect health but then her age caught up with her and seemed to hit her all at once. She began to sleep more and her back legs started to become weak. She'd still run around but she was shakey on her feet and when she had trouble getting up off her back after trying to climb onto an already lowered platform, the platform and wheel were removed.

As time went on she started to lose a lot of movement in her hind legs and at the beginning of this week she began falling over when she tried to walk after just waking up. Last night I had to clean her back end for her as she seemed unable to do it herself and today she could barely get up; her back legs appeared to be completely unoperational and she could barely keep upright. I couldn't let her hang on like that even though she was still bright eyed and happy to eat her porridge out of my hands. I knew it was time and made the appointment.

Then I went back to sort everyone else's food & water and that's when I found her nephew, Zach :(

After just saying yesterday on here how well he was doing depsite age starting to catch up with him, he was not looking good. He couldn't seem to get upright from his bed until I gave him a a gentle push. His head was tilted horribly to the side and he couldn't walk in a straight line. When he tried to stand up on his hind legs to say hello to me, he just fell over. I knew then that he was going to have to get PTS along with Leah but I couldn't help but hope there might be something they could do. The vet thought it was probably a stroke or infection in his brain and we agreed it was better for him to be PTS.

I'm someone who tends to hide my emotions but I could help but be in tears at the vets seeing them both stuggling to stand yet still wanting to come out of their carriers to me. I had to go back to work for 3 hours right after, pretending to fine.

It's so much easier when they just pass peacefully in their sleep, I hate having to see them suffer and make that decision but I know their better off now.

RIP
Leah - 27th August 2010 - 16th August 2013
Zach (my favourite little man) - 25th February 2011 - 16 August 2013

I'll miss you both

icklemunch
08-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I am so sorry you lost them both,losing one is hard enough but two and having to make the tough decision to say goodbye must of been so difficult. Hope you're ok.

Rest in peace Zach and Leah. Play well at the bridge x

cowgirlskipper
08-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Awww... zack was born just a day before my birthday! Rip. little man, and aunt leah.

ANGELBABIES
08-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Run free little ones, they are together again xx

Kirsty1987
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Sorry to hear about zach and leah, I remember you telling me yesterday about zach and what a good age he was. Sleep well leah and zach run free x

Nikkigrace
08-16-2013, 01:27 PM
So sorry you lost them both on the same day :(
Run free little ones x

Char
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
That's so sad, but you're strong to be able to do that, especially two in one day. They will be both having fun at the rainbow bridge. X

DrKMcK
08-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I'd be in tears too. I know they knew they were loved and the only good thing is that they are now at peace and in no pain. They went to the Rainbow Bridge together. Run free little ones, now forever young. :-(

Hams&Hermits
08-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I was almost in tears just reading it. :,(

gutterglitterxx
08-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Oh I am so sorry for your losses. That is absolutely heartbreaking, but you remained strong for them and did a very kind thing. They know how much they were loved.

Rest in peace, Leah and Zach. Run free, play well, sleep tight. xx

racinghamster
08-17-2013, 01:04 AM
They had a wonderful life with a wonderful owner Phoenix and it`s hard letting them go. You will always remember them and the joy they brought to you.

Rest in peace little ones. x

Biscuit
08-17-2013, 02:38 AM
I'm so sorry.
Run free Leah and Zach. You'll be missed. xxx

Gazmo
08-17-2013, 02:42 AM
oh that's heartbreaking.. but take some comfort that they went together, and are now running together at rainbow bridge!

Im so sorry for you llosses

fluffydd
08-17-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm so sorry that you lost them both.

Pompompoms
08-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I've just had two pass on the one day too and it's heartbreaking, I'm sorry for your loss. Play well little lovelies xx

The Hamster's family
08-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Very sorry that you had to make those decisions.... BUt take confort in the fact that they are better now and that they left this world for the other knowing they were loved, cared for and important for someone...

Run free, precious ones... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies....

Annie xx

souffle
08-28-2013, 03:55 AM
So sorry to hear of your losses. They wanted to go together :(
Play well at the bridge Leah & Zach x