PDA

View Full Version : Scamp

kyrilliondaemon
08-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Scamp... We wanted a hamster, we thought we got a hamster... Instead we quickly found out that we'd actually brought home a cute and furry dictator in a hamster suit. A lovely ham, you knew how you should be treated and made sure you lived the life you wanted, in return you were a wonderful pet, friendly, sociable and tame.

You were clear how things were from the start, you pretty much named yourself and then proceeded to make absolutely sure you lived up to your name. You set rules such as "If I cant run, you can't sleep" when you outgrew your wheel, and you had caging setups most hams couldn't even dream of. You didn't just try to set the rules for your life, you tried to set them for us too - including trying to tell us off if we dared stay up later than usual. You single handedly ensured I was sleep deprived for my last ever uni exam, you dismantled toys if you didn't like them, you were sure you were smarter than us - and you loved to prove it!

But you were also friendly, tame and wonderful with everyone. I don't think you'd have known how to be aggressive if you'd wanted to be, you'd let me do anything with you. Health checks had to be on your terms, but if I tried to do something you didn't like you'd just wriggle into a different position and carry on exploring. You loved to go up sleeves and sit inside them, explore clothes, surroundings... Anywhere you could, the only thing you hated were playpens and free range time. Playpens were just an opportunity for you to show you could get past our attempts to keep you in, and if you couldn't get out... You'd sulk instead. Free range seemed to be a bit too open, so instead you had playtime on the bed where you could play but be near us too.

You had a good, long, happy life, you were the boss, but you were also incredibly friendly and tame and sociable. You loved to go out and see people and were nice to everyone you met. You were our first hamster, you set the standards for yourself... And every other pet we've owned and ever will own.

Play well at the bridge Scamp, our standards of petcare will always be the true lasting memorial for you.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/kyrilliondaemon/Scamp_zps55bd3899.png

CharlieB
08-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Play well Scamp. I feel so privaliged to have met you! That brought a tear to my eye, she was so clearly happy in getting her own way. Have lots of fun at the bridge and make sure you keep your standards up there :-) xx

Call me Alison
08-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Beautiful tribute for a beautiful ham with a personality to match! I`ll miss hearing about your dictating and funny stories. Play well Scamp x x x

DrKMcK
08-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Such a gorgeous ham Scamp was. I am so sorry you've lost this little love. What a beautiful memorial for a beautiful furbaby. Play well at the Bridge Scamp. No escaping necessary. :-(

Nikkigrace
08-13-2013, 10:14 PM
So sorry Kyril, scamp really sounds quite a character!! Run free little one x

ANGELBABIES
08-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Run free at the Rainbow Bridge beautiful little Scamp xx

racinghamster
08-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Scamp was a beautiful hamster Kyrill. Such a lovely face. Will be sorely missed by all. Sleep well little Scamp. x

Axeria
08-14-2013, 02:29 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :( Scamp was and is forever a beautiful hamster that will be missed by all...

Run free scamp, play well at the bridge, and send kisses in thoughts to your momy <3

moonlite
08-14-2013, 04:17 AM
so sorry for your loss...

alanjamesblair
08-14-2013, 05:01 AM
What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful ham! Play well, little one. Not that you need directions.

cathface
08-14-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. rest in peace, Scamp.

Tutu
08-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Poor little Scampy. Hope you are running free now:(

Biscotti
08-14-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this, Scamp sounds like a wonderful ham, and those are beautiful photos of her. Play well at the bridge...xx

kyrilliondaemon
08-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone

RachK
08-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Sleep tight beautiful Scamp, she was stunning. xxx

Gazmo
08-17-2013, 04:42 AM
she was gorgeous.. im very sorry

Pompompoms
08-25-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry I've missed this, so much to catch up on. Play well lovely Scamp xx

ElliotHamsterHeart
08-27-2013, 02:10 AM
Sleep well Scamp, you'll be missed :) xxx

Amethyst_ice
08-27-2013, 02:28 AM
Was lovely to meet you, play well xxxxxx

souffle
08-28-2013, 03:57 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful tribute to an amazing hamster.
Play well at the bridge Scamp x