PDA

View Full Version : A hamster that doesn't like treats :O

xkaytix
06-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Little Lola doesn't like any treats that we give her. Even if we leave them in the cage they don't get eaten. We've tried choc drops, fruit shapes, hoops and puff ball things from the naturals collection. Is this normal? Does anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks!

Noodles
06-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Noodles really likes baby food. The most economical way that I've found was Mollz' suggestion of the boxed baby rice you buy - I mix mine with boiling water and then a few drops of milk for flavour. I'm giving this quite a lot atm as it's so hot.
She also loves hamster popcorn - I have the green apple one but you can get cherry too. She likes the strawberry yogurt drops.
And cheese - she likes that a lot. Obviously fresh veggies go down well too. I gave her a bit of Yorkshire pudding last night and she liked that too.

BUT ... Is Lola a dwarf? I don't know what they are allowed to eat so I expect someone can tell you if these things are OK or not. I don't think they should have many yogurt drops but I have just read that somewhere.

BTW - are the puff ball things called Rodent Marbles? Small confession - I bought these this weekend - and thought I'd see what they tasted like :oops: - they all taste the same!!! Not that nice - I was expecting themto be much better. :oops:

xkaytix
06-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Haha Yeah they are the marble things. Lola is a dwarf and a fussy one at that! hehe. Might try the baby food though. Is it anyone we can give her or a specific one?

06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Is Lola a Campbell? They're normally really fussy when they're "in a mood". My moodiest boy Jason is prepared to tolerate soya nuts as treats but he really likes bran flakes, Sainsbury's Italian Salad, chicken and puppy milk bones. Anything else is a waste of time as he just gives you a look of "what the h*ll's that?" and dismisses it. :x

ilovemyhammies
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
our benny is like that, even his food, he hardly eats, all the others had mealworms today (alive) and he was the only one that would,nt eat them. he,ll eat his yogurt drops though

arikata
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
our benny is like that, even his food, he hardly eats, all the others had mealworms today (alive) and he was the only one that would,nt eat them. he,ll eat his yogurt drops though

Ewwwwwww!! Live meal worm!! Yuck! You're braver than me, that's for sure!

BatKat
06-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Both of our dwarves are really suspicious of treats and turn their noses up at anything chocolate. They do like the Naturals range chewy sticks though. Broccoli is their favourite so they get that most nights :D

BatKat
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Both of our dwarves are really suspicious of anything chocolate :? They do like the Naturals range chewy sticks. Favourite food is Broccoli :D