PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight mr samba...

Sasquatch
07-30-2013, 05:21 AM
so when I woke up this morning i went around and did my normal checks, filled up the water bottles and the food and picking out the wet shavings. Samba was the last cage I came too because his tank is the only one in my own room. My wobbly old man who has always been placed on my desk. late at night when I sit doing my work he comes out to keep my company running on his wheel to keep me awake and help me get it done. I didn't think it odd that last night he didn't get up because he is old and isn't as active as he once was. But this morning when I opened up his nest to check on him there he was curled up in a snug little ball like he was sleeping... but he was cold as stone. At least he passed in his dreams and not in any pain.

i have not been a member for very long and i never got to post a picture of him, i only hope i have not lost that sd card with his old pictures on it. he was a fat little albino campbells, and my happy pal for a grand time of 3 years and one month. i got him from a friend of mine who breeds campbells and i fell in love with him when he was just a little cotton ball of fluff at 3 weeks of age.
Hes been there in the hard times, sharing night time cuddles when i wished the morning would hurry and come. he always seemed to know when it was time to play and when it was time to just sit in my hand and be my friend.

i will miss you always samba. sleep well my little man, who was always more human that any hamster i had ever know with your funny personality. good bye buddy xx

The Hamster's family
07-30-2013, 05:35 AM
I'M very sorry it was his time to the Bridge... We so wished they could stay for ever... You 2 shared a special bond and take comfort in knowing you gave him a life filled with love and cares... That's priceless... Many hugs to you...

Sleep tight, sweet little boy... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies. Send kisses to that special someone you left behind when you can...

Annie xx

Axeria
07-30-2013, 05:42 AM
So sorry for you loss :(

Sleep tight Samba xx

POLAR WHITES
07-30-2013, 06:18 AM
awww im sorry for your loss, but now your little man will be young and healthly paying up on that bridge waiting for you.

Pompompoms
07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
What a lovely long life he had with you, and clearly so well loved. I'm glad he passed peacefully just dreaming away, play well little one xx

Munchalot
07-31-2013, 03:16 AM
That's so sad. :'( He was clearly very special to you, and you cared for him dearly.

Play well at the bridge, Samba. xx

Gizmoandfriends
07-31-2013, 03:27 AM
Sleep well Samba.

Ang90
08-02-2013, 07:40 AM
My goodness what a long life, you were obviously a wonderful parent and he was blessed to have you. He is playing now with new friends and no doubt thinking of you up there. Hope you feel better soon. Ang, Honey and Joey (two very spoilt Syrians)