PDA

View Full Version : Various Toys

mouseandstrawberry
07-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi! I love making my own toys for my small animals.
Heres a few below. I have just started a blog with step by step for some of them and that can be found at mouseandstrawberry.blogspot.com

Gazmo
07-23-2013, 11:21 AM
aww they are so cute!:D

Munchalot
07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Wow, they're wicked! :) They look like rodent or parrot toys you would find in a pet shop, brilliant job!

mouseandstrawberry
07-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks, i wanted a pet shop look. 8-[
I have a little secret that can be found on my blog but i use these below. I then cut them to size and hole punch them. It's made of natural palm leaf.
I tend to use wire and sisal rope for the middle depending on what animal its for.

Munchalot
07-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Ideal. :D I may have to pinch your idea, if you don't mind...? ;)

mouseandstrawberry
07-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Ideal. :D I may have to pinch your idea, if you don't mind...? ;)

Not at all!
This is not the same make but i ordered it from here scarlett parrot essentials. Its only £2.99 for 9 meters of it. Its really colourful. :D

It's palm leaf or bamboo i can't remember but same as finger trap type things people buy for birds. It's a great material. My rabbit doesn't touch toys but she loves shredding this.

Munchalot
07-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah I see people buy it for birds, parrot especially seem to love shedding it. :)

That's wicked, I might have to give it a go. Cheers. :D
I was just about to fork out for some parrot toys to hang in the hammie cages, but I'll try this. Def the cheaper option! :)

kyrilliondaemon
07-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Its a really good idea :)

mouseandstrawberry
07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
If you do order from Scarletts parrot essentials they sell those bamboo finger traps too which my lot love chewing to shreds. They come in packs of 12 too and they can be hole punched for toy making.

I done this one with finger traps and wood i already had. You don't have to buy anything though, you can hole punch cardboard and paper just the same :)

SaraJML
07-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Wow, its really hard to believe those are hand made, they definitely look like professional pet store toys. Now that's talent, haha.

mouseandstrawberry
07-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Aww thank you but honestly anyone can do them. It's just tying the fiddly bits at the end to attach the clip :rolleyes:

mouseandstrawberry
07-28-2013, 10:53 AM
I've put a video up about making these toys and some more ideas on my channel if anyone is interested

DIY pet toys for your small pet - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI3TO0B1G30)