PDA

View Full Version : Rip Squeak.

HamsterCrazy2013
07-19-2013, 05:57 PM
So as you can guess by reading the title to this thread squeak passed away. I'm so shocked and im finding it really hard to type this because i just don't want to believe its true tbh. He was literally fine a few days ago, never did i think i would be burying him today.

I'm now going to tell you the story of how we got Squeak and Bubble. I was on Facebook one day. On a animal group and i saw this ad * 2 guinea pigs free to a good home*. The title alone really made me want to get them for my mum because she said she had one when she was little and that she would love one now, Anyways i messaged the lady who owned them at the time and she said i could have them no bother. The conversation lasted a few days before we got them because she is a mother so she was busy alot of the time. So it was the morning we were meant to get them. I asked her the usual questions people would ask * whats their names?* & *what sex are they?* * what colours are they?* and * how old are they?* She told me they were both boys between 3 to 4 years old. They were called Caramel and Fudge. She never answered the colour question. I also asked for a photo of them which i never got.

So my step dad and grandad went to pick them up. I remember the car pulling up and i was so excited to see them. My step dad brought the cage in the hallway and the first thing i remember was how bad the cage smelt:( & they were really skinny too. Never the less my step dad took one guinea pig and i took the other. We then went to show them to mum. Mum asked my step dad which one was which and you know what he said? The women didn't know which one was called which because apparently they were her daughters? i still don't really understand to this day how she couldn't know their names but still.

The first few days were hard because you could clearly tell they had hardly been picked up or if they had ever been picked up tbh. They were jumping about all over the place. But with alot of time, patients and love. They began to trust us. We could pick them up no problem, stroke and play with them. :)

We got them in October last year and Squeak passed away in July. I feel so sorry for my mum not only has she lost Squeak but she also lost Georgie her Syrian not that long ago. Squeak and Bubble where the first guinea pigs i had ever held and im 18 years old!!! Squeak was a very noisey guinea pig he would always talk to us and make his funny sounds, i was shocked when i first heard them because i didn't know they made noises like that LOL. He was very very close to my mum, Even though all of us held him. He would lay in her arms like a baby pretty much, all cuddled up. I know we didn't have him for very long but he made such a impact in our life. I'm glad i saw that ad on Facebook. I would have felt horrible if he had passed away with his past owner because he clearly wasn't looked after at all. He was a lovely little fellow full of joy and happiness. I remember he had to be fed at a certain time and if we fed him any later when we walked past the door he would start squeaking at us because he wanted his food now lol.

I'm just so sad that he had to leave us now and that he had to leave his pal Bubble behind:(. Bubble looks so lost atm and its heartbreaking to watch. I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore though. Rip Squeak Mummy & 2nd Mummy love you very much! xxxx

icklemunch
07-19-2013, 10:03 PM
What a really beautiful memorial.

So sorry you lost squeek. So glad he found such a loving home with you. Hope you, your mum and bubbles are ok.

Run free at the bridge Squeak x

racinghamster
07-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Really lovely story HamsterCrazy and he was obviously very much loved. Bubble will miss him no doubt but he will adapt with your care and attention. It`s a nice feeling that Squeak was in a loving, caring home near the end of his life and he shared your life and made it richer.

Rest In Peace Squeak. x

The Hamster's family
07-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Very cute story... I'M sorry he had to leave you guys... You showed him how it was to feel loved and that's priceless... He will be guarding you from the Bridge...

Enjoy the Bridge, Squeak.... Send piggie hugs to those special humans you left behind...

Annie xx

Pompompoms
07-20-2013, 04:01 PM
A beautiful story, play well little Squeak I'm so glad you found your loving forever home xx

Gazmo
07-21-2013, 01:56 AM
lovely story, im very sorry for your loss, at least he knew what it was like to be loved

HamsterCrazy2013
07-25-2013, 09:53 AM
I would just like to say thank-you for all the comments. It still hasn't sunk in really. I thought today i would post a couple of pictures so here they are. :)

fluffydd
07-25-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Squeaky. It was wonderful that you were able to give them both a new home that was so much fun for them. Hugs to you, your mum and Bubble xxx

HamsterCrazy2013
07-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Thank-You so much @fluffydd! :) xxx

POLAR WHITES
07-29-2013, 05:36 AM
awww im sorry for your loss.

HamsterCrazy2013
07-29-2013, 05:38 AM
awww im sorry for your loss.

Thank-You very much

Petite1
07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
So sorry for loss of Squeak, hope your mum and Bubbles are ok, play well at the bridge Squeakx

DrKMcK
07-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Your mother must be devastated! It's so hard to lose these little furries. It's going to take time to adjust to the loss for your family. Sqeak was beautiful. What a lovely color. Piggies can be very, very cuddly and, once you get used to one snuggling up with you in the evenings, it leaves a huge hole when they pass away. Just remember, you and your family took him in from a dreadful home and let the rest of his life be wonderful. My sympathy to you and your family for the loss of this lovely little piggie. :-(

Ang90
08-02-2013, 08:17 AM
What a beautiful angel. So glad there was a special bond with your mum. Squeak is happy and healthy now playing at heaven's bridge thinking and waiting for you all. Our furry babies are angels sent to guide us in love down here and then go ahead of us into eternity. Hope you feel better soon. Love Angie, Honey and Joey (two Syrian hamsters)