PDA

View Full Version : Competition entries

pophammy
08-29-2005, 08:51 AM
We are so sad to note that poor Candace has hardly had any response to the contest. Come on everyone... you must all be able to manage a little poem or a bit about your hamster experiences. Candace has gone to all the trouble of arranging this and no one has entered. Come on.. you still have two days... get your thinking caps on and do it

nooboo
08-29-2005, 08:52 AM
who what where??

SnuggleHam
08-29-2005, 08:58 AM
LOL Pophammy, I don’t want anyone to feel obligated, I think in the back of my mind it would have been a long shot that this idea would be a success. Hamster Central is a good site but I still don’t think its as popular as some other places and its not as well known yet either. Maybe had I tried this out latter….

I thought it would be a great way to get more informative articles on hamsters and hamster care but it seems the best way for me to do this is to just do it myself 8) :P

It would be a miracle if there were enough entries to justify keeping the contest open. But I think at this point anything entered now would be to rushed in nature. I’m just going to wait and most likely will close the contest for good once it reaches the first of September... Unless of course some miracle occurs.

However soon there will be monthly photo contest on the forum here on HC, no prizes will be involved, just the satisfaction of winning :) maybe people will like that better.

pophammy
08-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Nooboo, have a look on forum anouncments under 'hamster central literature comp topics. If you have anything you like to write about, enter! :) I see you're new. Hope you're enjoying HC and will join in lots of topics. It's great!!! :lol:

babyboos
08-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Candace would you consider extending the date maybe? We have had many new members join since the competition was launched and as you say any sumissions now may be rushed and we want everyone to have the best chance possible of compiling a winning entry - I would like to thank Pophammy for all her great support keep up the good work :wink:

SnuggleHam
08-30-2005, 09:18 AM
I dunno I suppose that maybe I could, but its been open for two months, and now many of the new members are going back to school very soon and I think the majority if them are younger. So Would they even have time? Maybe if I had people actually come to me and say they wanted to enter I would, but at this point I have no idea if there is anyone esle out there making a last minute entry.

Its a not a huge deal it could always be brought up again in the future and I could always include the few that entered this time back in to the next one.

nooboo
08-30-2005, 09:59 AM
no school or uni for me, i am an offical degree bum, i will put writing my book to one side and get started on something ;)

SnuggleHam
08-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Don’t bother Nooboo, even if you enter its still not enough people to keep it running. I need a batter plan... I need to set something up first so that I KNOW how many people are going to enter before making a contest like this official, so that way no body goes and makes an entry that will just go unnoticed because I had to cancel.

Maybe Ill stop it and have people email me telling me they want to enter and under what category and have that run for a month or two and then after I feel there are enough people to make it worth continuing will start the contest and people can start entering their submissions.

Just a thought I don’t know what else to do, but I obviously cant run a contest on my own, I need people to enter.And I need to know they are excited about it as well.

Perhaps I should make it go as one topic first and then other topics after. really the main reason I wanted to do this was to get informative articles about care and health for HC but it doesnt seem like anyone wants to do research to contribute and have all entered in the creative wiritng area instead :P

Oh what to do what to do!

nooboo
08-30-2005, 10:24 AM
and there i was about to write about the joys of ladels in hamnter taming

SnuggleHam
08-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Well feel free to write it if you like, HC is always looking for articles, contest or not, but if your writing it to look for a prize from the contest dont get your hopes up is all that I am saying.

flogging_molly
08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I shall try my best to get an entry in, but i have just been so busy with my new job

SnuggleHam
08-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Well Floggy_molly we don’t really have much of a contest anymore. So maybe you should hold that thought until I can become more organized with this. I don’t want people to feel pressured or just do it because they feel bad for me that the contest idea didn’t work out, its like last minute and I feel I’m getting charity offers for entries now lol,

the contest was supposed to be for the growth of Hamster Central website.

flogging_molly
08-30-2005, 11:43 AM
aye that's cool, but i did promise you a breeding diary and when i have more time to work on it i will get that done for ya!

SnuggleHam
08-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Thank you Debs, as I have said HC is always looking for more informative articles!!