PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf breeders in Devon, UK

Munchalot
07-02-2013, 03:33 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any breeders of Winter White dwarfs in Devon? Preferably North Devon, but I can travel if need be.

I'm also looking for breeders of Roborovskis for future reference, as in about a years time I'm looking to take some on.

Can anyone help me out? :)
Thanks.

Gazmo
07-02-2013, 03:44 AM
I wish I could help, last year I was looking for a Syrian breeder, and there are none, so im not so sure about dwarfs, though id love to know as im gonne get some in a year or so

Munchalot
07-02-2013, 03:47 AM
Damn it. :/

When I'm at work on saturday I'll ask my colleague. He used to breed and show hamsters so he might know some people still in the fancy. If he does, I'll let you know.
Where about in Devon are you?

Oh, and maybe you could take part in mine and my room mates investigative project next year. We have do to one for year 2, and we're doing hamster breeding and genetics. We pinched the idea from a mate, who's doing snake breeding.
Might have a baby for you if we can find some good breeding stock. ;)

Gazmo
07-02-2013, 03:50 AM
that sounds great ;) Im thinking of breeding hammys when im a bit older so there will be a breeder in devon :)

Munchalot
07-02-2013, 04:24 AM
I've bred my Syrians before. They went to pet shop I work in, but one went to a friend.
I loved it! I was such a rewarding experience, and I loved handling the little fluffs. :3 They were so, so sweet. I'm trying to find the SD card with the pics of them on it, but I can't find it anywhere. :/

Gazmo
07-02-2013, 07:52 AM
aww that's so cute :D

Munchalot
07-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Grrr, I can't find any references of Robo breeders anywhere! :( I really, really don't want to go to Pets At Home, but it's a bit hard buying hamsters from good stock when I can't find any!

Can anyone help?

Vectis Hamstery
07-09-2013, 03:10 AM
There are shows in/near Devon each year - Dawlish in Spring and Clevedon in the Autumn. There are sales tables or you could contact exhibitors who you know breed the species you are interested in beforehand.

Munchalot
07-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Yeah I found out about the Dawlish show just a couple weeks after it had happened. Was gutted, as it's only 20 mins away from college. :/

Clevedon might be worth looking at though, thanks Vectis! :D

Munchalot
07-31-2013, 07:57 AM
I can't find breeders ANYWHERE! D':

I swear EVERY damn winter white breeder lives around Manchester or Birmingham, or at least in North or North East England. If I can't go to this show there is no chance of me getting a pure WW. I can't travel the entire length of England for a hamster, I'm only a student. The nearest location I could find was somewhere near London, but even that will take planning and money.

Can anyone help me out here? Are there any breeders even remotely close to Devon? Or does anyone know of any good couriering service that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Silver
07-31-2013, 11:42 AM
I know of a good courier but all couriers will cost you.

It all depends on how many miles it is

xxx

Munchalot
08-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Unless I can go to a show at some point I think using a courier will be my only option. :/

In your experience what are charges like? Baring in mind I live in Devon. :S

Silver
08-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I can't travel due to my health so for me to get a pure dwarf I had to use a courier so I saved up & never regretted it once.

xxx

Munchalot
08-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I suppose the question is how much would I be willing to pay for a special little fluff. The answer is probably quite a lot, but perhaps I should wait a little. With me being aged 18 with a small part-time job, learning to drive and at college, I'm a bit skint right now. xD

Still at least it's an option for me to think about. If I do decide to use a courier in future, would you be able to reference me to the company? :) Thanks much x

Silver
08-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Yes I can,

i will PM you the two I have used. It might be worth while waiting so when you can drive you can go to a show & pick one up pre arranged.

But yes the option is there if you want it.

I will P.M you now

xxx

Munchalot
08-05-2013, 01:04 PM
I really can't wait to be able to drive for reasons such as this! :D

Thankyou Silver! :) xx

Silver
08-05-2013, 01:09 PM
I bet you can't such a sense of freedom!

Your welcome

xxx

Munchalot
08-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Even the trip to Asda to buy bins for Fin and Todd was a hassle, and it's only 3 miles up the road! I hate relying on buses. Can't wait. :D

Thanks again! That's useful to have at hand. :) x

Silver
08-05-2013, 01:12 PM
That's O.K

xxx