PDA

View Full Version : My art assessment.

CreamSyrian
06-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Here is a picture of my recent art assessment piece for the end on year 9. We had to do a piece on a focal point, where all the surrounding patterns and shapes have to focus in on one part of the piece where your eyes should be drawn to. I didn't have much time to finish the piece, so its a little rushed, but I'm happy that I'm finished and have put effort in. What do you guys think? I've picked art as one of my GCSE options, and I'm hoping to develop my art.

icklemunch
06-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Wow thats fantastic. You're very talented.

I so wish i was arty!

POLAR WHITES
06-30-2013, 10:54 AM
that's really good, well done

CreamSyrian
06-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks icklemuch and polar whites, I'm glad you both like it! :)

Gazmo
06-30-2013, 11:04 AM
wow, that's amazing :D you should be proud

CreamSyrian
06-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks gazmo :)

racinghamster
07-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Really like the liveliness of the colours. It`s very earthy and organic to look at. I studied graphic design for two years but never took it any further as a career choice sadly. I do love art though. Well done. :)

HollyHamster
07-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I am an artist of sorts and enjoy looking at others' works. I like to pick out themes and feelings in each piece, just to get a vibe for what the artist may have been thinking/feeling at the time of making it.

Your piece has a feeling of structure and order butting right up against unconventionality and feelings of abstract surrealism all with heavy organic overtones.

That's just what I am getting from it, its not necessarily what you were going for.