PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problem

mum c
06-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Hi All

Can I please ask you lovely people some advice. Doughnut our dwarf has been sleeping in different corner of his cage. First of all he slept in his house, then under his wheel, now he sleep in one of the corners. Is this normal for them to do this or does it mean he is not settled, he has been living with us for 5 weeks now and loves coming out to play etc, so I am pretty sure he is happy.

Any advice or comments would be welcome. :lol:

06-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Yes, don't worry. That's quite normal. They often move their sleeping places around and sometimes you find them sleeping in the strangest places! :)

xkaytix
06-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Yeah it's fine. Oscar falls asleep wherever he fancies!

souffle
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I think you will find they sleep more out in the open when the weather is warmer. They have very thick coats and can have problems with the heat. Kipton has been sleeping in his sand bath today as it is rather hot and sticky (and wet) here :roll: Sometimes they just lie out on their floor or scrape all the bedding aside so they can get a cool bit to lie on. We give them ceramic tiles to lie on in hot weather.

mum c
06-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Phew that alright then, at least we can stop worrying now, come to think of it Doughnut has slept in his sand bath too when it was hot, thanks again what a great site,

p.s looooovw the new look

PinkEmily
06-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Dale sleeps anywhere. He sleeps in his house, then when hes hot sleeps in the little room at the top of the imac fantacy, or next to his house, he also sleeps on his wheel in the evening.