PDA

View Full Version : Good-Bye Little Jo Jo

essentiallysue
06-16-2013, 05:46 AM
Jo Jo passed away yesterday afternoon in my hands. She kept her little head resting on my finger, looking me in the face. I stroked her on the head until she finally closed her eyes and died. I can't really say anymore right now. Just that I miss her so. I buried her under a new plant that I bought for her. This morning, the plant has spread its leaves and looks more beautiful.

You've often seen me speak of her. She was so special!

Gazmo
06-16-2013, 07:51 AM
im so sorry for your loss, run free at the bridge little jo jo

The Hamster's family
06-17-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry your baby had to leave you... It's good that you could be there for those last moments... I hope your heart will heal up soon... Many hugs to you...

Run free, little one... enjoy the Brudge and blow a kiss to that special someone you left behind...

Annie xx

essentiallysue
06-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Thank you for your kind replies. I think she may have had pyometra. Having said that, I have to have a hysterectomy, probably what she needed. They say you and your pets grow very much alike. I have gone to death's door with many, many hamsters and it doesn't get any easier! I really miss my little girl.

When I got Jo Jo, I was at the pet shop looking for a Campbell dwarf girl to go with my then Halle who lost her roommate, Mariah. I was told they only had a boy so I left. But when I got home, I turned around and went back. I told them I wanted the boy. They went and brought out Joe. He (she) bit really hard and they had to get a paper towel to stop the bleeding of my finger.

I took Joe home and didn't put him with Halle. He had his own cage and ran in his wheel so delighted, as he didn't have a wheel at the pet shop. A short time later Joe had babies. Hence, the name Jo Jo. She had her babies way too young, so she ate them, and went back to running in her wheel.

Soon after that, Halle died. So all I had was Jo Jo. She bit me every chance she had, and soon I realized she didn't mean to hurt me, it was her kisses. I accepted them, one after another, all her life. She had trouble with her bottom teeth growing so fast that I had to cut them almost every two to three weeks. We became very close, as I saved her life many times when she couldn't eat.

But this time when she was ill, I couldn't save her, so I put her in God's hands.

Pompompoms
06-18-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm so sorry she passed, but am glad her time to go was with you surrounded by your love. Play well little Jo Jo xx

souffle
07-04-2013, 03:16 AM
I am sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Jo Jo. x

essentiallysue
07-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I am back from my surgery. It all went well. But two days after I got home, Carol, my first mouse, had to be put to sleep. So I am sad again, not having really gotten over the loss of Jo Jo. I have the project of getting the roommate of Carol, Heidi, used to being placed in the other cage with the other two females. Her little heart is broken as she and Carol were very close. I hope they will accept her.
Well, gotta get back to recovering, but will deal with the pets tonight.

Gayze
07-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of both Jo Jo and Carol. Sending you heart-healing hugs. I am glad to know your surgery went well, though. Take good care of yourself in your recovery.