PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Tight Jasmine

gutterglitterxx
06-05-2013, 10:12 PM
My beautiful girl, Jasmine, passed on Tuesday in my hands.

She had been battling for a week and a half but her little body just couldn't fight anymore. She stopped eating and drinking and could barely stay on her feet. I had planned on bringing her to the vet on Wednesday to have her helped to the bridge, but she decided to go while with Mummy at home. Losing her shatters my heart, especially so soon after Cheeto, but I am glad that in the end she was with me when she took her final journey.

Jazzy, I remember the first time I saw you. You were all alone in a small tank, placed away from the other hamsters, at a shop I had never visited before. You were absolutely stunning. Thick, beautiful, shiny black fur. I didn't really have room for another hamster but I just couldn't walk away from you so I asked the staff about you. They pretty much tried to talk me out of bringing you home!

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w569/marquelledufour/image_zps6e1e9a84.jpg

They told me you had been brought back to the store by a family who never ended up paying attention to you. You had lived for 6 months in a 10 gallon tank with nothing but a food bowl and a water bottle. No wheel, no toys, no chews. The staff explained that since being brought back to the store, you had bitten many people. Staff and customers alike. They told me they didn't know what they were going to do with you because you were "unsellable." They even told me you were possibly going to end up as snake food. I asked if I could take a closer look at you. The staff member hesitated but ended up lifting you from the tank and handing you to me. You were SO scared of me. So scared, in fact, that you leaped out of my hands which were thankfully only about a foot above your tank. But it was too late... I had already looked into your beautiful eyes and decided you simply needed some love and attention. And damn it, I was going to be the person to give it to you. So you came home with me.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w569/marquelledufour/image_zps808ce29f.jpg

You were a different hamster as soon as I brought you home. While you were definitely cautious, and maybe even suspicious, you never leaped from my hands quite like that first time. Sure, you were timid, and would sometimes try to get away with a bit more gusto than I had ever experienced. But after only 2 days you were begging to come out of your cage, gladly accepting treats from my hands, and even putting up with my kisses and cuddles.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w569/marquelledufour/image_zps515f7e1c.jpg

Throughout your life, you always tended to be happier in your cage most of the time. And I have to admit that, at first, I took a bit of offense to that. But I learned to understand that your personality was just a bit different. And I certainly learned to pay attention when you did cause a ruckus, which translated to "Let me out, Mummy!" We had tons of moments together, usually late at night when things were mostly quiet and you knew you had my undivided attention. And I would hold you up to my face, look into those eyes (as I did the first day I held you), and know just how special you were. You simply needed a little more patience and a little more understanding. You couldn't help the life you had lead before I met you. And I can only wish I could have saved you sooner.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w569/marquelledufour/image_zpsa0da29e7.jpg

I'm going to miss you so much, Jazzy. Thank you so much for allowing me to be your Mummy and for letting me into your itty bitty heart. For trusting me and for proving that all you really did need was some love. Which I hope you know (and felt) I gave you tons of. I will miss our time together, which was always so special to me, at least partly because it wasn't always as frequent as with my other hamsters. I really cherished our cuddles. I hope I was able to give you the best life I possibly could, and I hope you found yourself happier here with Mummy than anywhere else you had been. As crazy as it may sound every time you trashed your cage to get my attention, you brightened my day.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w569/marquelledufour/image_zps0006d49b.jpg

I love you, Jazzy Jazz. I hope you are happy and healthy now, wherever you may be. You will be leaping around in my heart forever. Rest in peace, baby girl. xx

moonlite
06-05-2013, 11:36 PM
rest in peace little girl...

Sparkle
06-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Rest in peace Jasmine.

Gazmo
06-06-2013, 12:53 AM
play well at the bridge little one.. you were a little fighter..

Kiki_3173
06-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Beautiful tribute to Jasmine, GG! She was obviously, a well loved little girl. Play well at the bridge, little Jasmine. xx

jesselle
06-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Night jasmine xx

Gg, she was a beauty! :)

shiru14
06-06-2013, 03:22 AM
Good night Jasmine. Wish you have a good dream.

icklemunch
06-06-2013, 03:38 AM
Rest in peace jasmine you was a truely beautiful girl.

Cupcake
06-06-2013, 08:36 AM
A very beautiful memorial for a very loved little lady xx Sleep tight Jazzy xx

gutterglitterxx
06-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone. I hope she is restored to her original beauty now and looking down on me from somewhere. I miss her so much.

The Hamster's family
06-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Oh... she has found peace after a long and hard battle... I hope your heart heals by knowing she isn't suffering anymore and is now watching over you...

Enjoy the Bridge, precious one... Blow a kiss to your mommy when you can...

Annie xx

Pompompoms
06-06-2013, 12:54 PM
What a little fighter, and a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry she has passed, but glad she is now at peace. Play well gorgeous Jasmine xx

gutterglitterxx
06-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks. I certainly hope she is watching over me from somewhere, standing paw to paw with Cheeto, Roxy, and Fluffy.

Gayze
06-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Thank you for this lovely dedication to your Jasmine. What a joyful little soul. I love the pictures!

gutterglitterxx
06-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Thank you for this lovely dedication to your Jasmine. What a joyful little soul. I love the pictures!

Thank you for taking the time to look at it. It means a lot to me, and Jazzy.

DrKMcK
06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
It's a strange thing GG. A really great hamster mom knows when to back off too. So many times a hamster is bought and then disappoints their new owner because they aren't the friendly, outgoing, perky little thing the person wanted. But they don't exist for our pleasure. I think we are very lucky that these little furballs allow us to be part of their lives. And your little Jazzy was so very lucky that you saw that she needed to be different, to keep some distance, especially because someone else hadn't allowed her to be the friendly, perky little hammie she could have been. You allowed her to give what she could without pressuring her for more. And so much more importantly, you were there for her, day and night, when her time here was winding down. Through the time you've dealt with Cheeto's loss, and now Jazzy's, you keep questioning yourself on what you could have done, should have, might have done. And the truth is that you've done everything in your power for all you little ones. I don't think you realize how much many of us on HC respect you for your care and concern you have for your hamsters. Cheeto was a star, personable and delighting everyone with her whimsical ways, but Jazzy had her own special personality which she mostly shared with you. An that can be every bit as wonderful and special. I hope Gigi helps you heal from this second sad loss. Peace and {gentle hammy pats from Patches}. Run free Jazzy, find Cheeto and watch over Mum. :-(

gutterglitterxx
06-06-2013, 11:45 PM
And your little Jazzy was so very lucky that you saw that she needed to be different, to keep some distance, especially because someone else hadn't allowed her to be the friendly, perky little hammie she could have been. You allowed her to give what she could without pressuring her for more. And so much more importantly, you were there for her, day and night, when her time here was winding down. Through the time you've dealt with Cheeto's loss, and now Jazzy's, you keep questioning yourself on what you could have done, should have, might have done. And the truth is that you've done everything in your power for all you little ones. I don't think you realize how much many of us on HC respect you for your care and concern you have for your hamsters. Cheeto was a star, personable and delighting everyone with her whimsical ways, but Jazzy had her own special personality which she mostly shared with you. An that can be every bit as wonderful and special. I hope Gigi helps you heal from this second sad loss. Peace and {gentle hammy pats from Patches}. Run free Jazzy, find Cheeto and watch over Mum. :-(

Your words made me cry. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer such kindness and support. I can't properly express how much I appreciate it.

It can be easy to start doubting myself, especially when I've lost not one but two fur babies in a short amount of time. I admit that I have interrogated myself in my head, over and over again. "What didn't I notice? What could I have done sooner? Did I pay enough attention? Did they try to tell me?"

Sometimes I find answers, most of the time I find more questions. The only thing I'm sure of is how much I miss them. And how much my heart hurts. So coming on here and receiving such warm support and understanding is my life support right now.

Thank you.

souffle
06-13-2013, 03:44 AM
I am so very sorry gutterglitter. She was a treasure x
Play well at the bridge Jasmine x

gutterglitterxx
06-13-2013, 10:18 AM
I am so very sorry gutterglitter. She was a treasure x
Play well at the bridge Jasmine x

Thanks very much. She was a very special, unique little lady. xx