PDA

View Full Version : In loving memory of Penny

CakesAndCoffee
05-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Penny passed away today. She died when we were getting ready to go to the vet. She had vaginal bleeding and was breathing/panting very hard for a few hours. Sometimes she would seem to improve, but became less alert as time went on. After she passed we called the vet and asked what may have happened. We told her the symptoms and she said it was most likely a reproductive tumor, which would explain the bleeding and possible miscarriage of her babies. She also went on to say hydration can cause impaired senses such as balance, and Penny may have not been drinking enough water. Now she is at the bridge. It is nice to have some information on what may have happened. It is like closure. The vet did say we could bring her body in for examination but there is not much point I guess. Right now I am finding a box to bury her in. My mom is comforting me and is sad about it too.
---
Penny, you were the most gentle and cuddliest little lady. I remember when I got you; you were so small and cute. You never once tried to nip me and you would sit in my lap and clean yourself. I am going to miss you tremendously. My heart is aching but I know you are at the bridge now with your kids. I hope you play hard and have plenty of sunflower seeds there. I love you so much. You were my first hamster, and never will be forgotten.

http://i44.tinypic.com/20ij2up.jpg

CakesAndCoffee
05-27-2013, 08:19 AM
RIP Penny - YouTube (http://youtu.be/QsGt8yae73M)

Cupcake
05-27-2013, 08:20 AM
So sorry for your loss CC :( she was such a lovely little lady
I was truly hoping you might have managed to get her to the vet and have everything sorted :(
Sleep tight Penny xx

HamsterCrazy2013
05-27-2013, 08:21 AM
So sorry for your loss of Penny. She was beautiful and sounded like a lovely character to have around. Rip Penny x

icklemunch
05-27-2013, 08:50 AM
So sorry for your loss. Penny was a real cutie.

souffle
05-27-2013, 08:54 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of her passing.
It was more than likely an infected womb due to her being pregnant and losing the babies inside her. It would be all to much for her body.
Play well at the bridge Penny x

The Hamster's family
05-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Sorry for your loss.... At the same time, I'm happy that even while being sad, you are able to see the positive side of her being pain free... She will be missed, but will always have a special place in your heart...

Play well at the Bridge, little lady... Send some comforting vibes to those special humans you left behind...

Annie xxx

evel_lin
05-27-2013, 09:01 AM
So sorry to read this :( RIP beautiful girl

Petite1
05-27-2013, 09:23 AM
So sorry youve lost Penny, Play well at the bridge little one along with Honeyx

gutterglitterxx
05-27-2013, 10:17 AM
So very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Beautiful Penny. xxxx

Gazmo
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM
she was so sweet, im very sorry she had to go on to rainbow bridge..
ive been following her on your pregnant hamsters post, and i can honestly say im sad to hear the news, so you must me destraught.. hugs to you

essentiallysue
05-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, my Floridian friend! She is no longer suffering. You gave her the love she needed. Thank you for sharing this hard time with us.

ANGELBABIES
05-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Feel the pain whenever a precious little hammy passes on to the bridge - but little lady Penny is in no more pain, and as you say reunited with her little ones. Run free baby.xxx

Panda's_mommy
05-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Awe I'm soooooo sorry for your loss! Penny was absolutely adorable! I know it's hard, but now she is no longer in pain!

Cricetinae
05-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Rest in peace Penny.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you C&C.

CakesAndCoffee
05-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Thank you everyone for the condolences. It means a lot to me. I know she is in a better place. Everything sure has been a roller coaster of emotions.

Pompompoms
05-30-2013, 03:53 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about Penny, what a lovely little girl, She'll be safe at the bridge now till it's time for you to see her again. Play well little one xx

Silver
05-30-2013, 06:52 AM
So very sorry to hear of Penny's passing

Play well at the bridge Penny xxx

Gayze
05-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Oh, what a pretty little girl. I'm so sorry to hear that she has passed.

Thank you for loving her so well.

Nikkigrace
06-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Run free Penny. X