PDA

View Full Version : RP My Golden Girl

Peachesmum
05-23-2013, 03:13 PM
This morning I said goodbye to my beautiful hamster Peaches :-(

I picked her out from a cage full of baby Syrians almost 2 years ago, she made me laugh because she was the one standing up and 'crackling!' I had never seen that before! I had never had a Syrian before...

She was such a pretty little girl, a bit shy and nervous as she still crackled when she got home and hid under the shelf in her new cage. So I didn't try to touch her too much as I didn't want her getting stressed. But she was so beautiful - her golden fur was thin and silky and shiny, and I soon realised she was a Satin. :)

She soon discovered how to sit on the edge of her shelf and jump off! :-x
She was such a comical character :D She never really enjoyed being picked up, but she soon came to enjoy being stroked. Once I nearly stroked her to sleep, her eyes closing as she enjoyed it so much :)

She had many funny ways, like all hamsters. She would stuff a whole sheet of kitchen paper into her mouth and a whole monkey nut! :eek: She was like a little performer, always wanting to show us her next trick. Sometimes she chewed her bars, but not for too long. I put her in a tank style cage to protect her teeth :)

She loved chewing cardboard and rope - she would shred whole pieces of rope to bits! Her favourite treats were cheese block biscuits. She loved her Harry Hamster mix, and always ate her fresh veg like cucumber and red pepper which she got a couple of times a week. I was always careful to give her healthy treats. She got dried blackberry leaves, and locust beans. I liked to sprinkle food around the cage so she could forage for it.

When my cats were allowed in the room, they would get quite excited to see her - and amazingly, she was excited to see them too! I think she just loved seeing another animal, not even realising they were cats :-x

She enjoyed exploring her 'playpen' cage (the one with bars) whilst I changed her main cage :D Here she is in her playful youth......

kyrilliondaemon
05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
A lovely memorial for a lovely ham. Play well at the bridge Peaches

Cupcake
05-23-2013, 05:47 PM
That was a very lovely tribute to your little beautiful lady.
Rest in peace Peaches xx

The Hamster's family
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm with you and I'm thinking of you... This was a great and sincere tribute to your girl... She will be your guardian angel now...

Have fun at the Bridge, precious one...

moonlite
05-23-2013, 06:02 PM
rest in peace little one...

Sanctuary
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
So sorry for your loss xx

DrKMcK
05-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Another lovely hammy lost and will be badly missed. My sympathy and sorrow for your loss of a lovely little furry friend. :-(

Kaztrekie
05-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Play well at the bridge little peaches.

icklemunch
05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Moving tribute to a really beautiful hammy. Rest in peace peaches x

gutterglitterxx
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. xxxx

ANGELBABIES
05-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Words pure and of love spoken from the heart for a little one who is being missed - run free baby girl and send mummy kisses in your sweet little hammy ways.
It is becoming quite hard to read about so many little hammies being unwell and passing onto the bridge. Being part of HC makes us all a family, and we feel for each little hammy.
My thoughts n prayers are with you Peachesmum. Take care xx

evel_lin
05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Rest in peace beautiful girl

Victoriah107
05-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Peaches was a beauty and you gave her a very loving home. I'm so sorry for your loss and I share in your sorrow. Play and run freely at the bridge little girl. Hugs to you.

mannek
05-24-2013, 12:19 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. What beautiful memories of a beautiful little girl. And look at those cheeks in that second photo - adorable!

Pompompoms
05-24-2013, 05:14 PM
What a beautiful girl, I'm so sorry she was called to the bridge, you clearly loved her very much. Play well little one xx

souffle
05-30-2013, 03:13 AM
I am so very sorry. You did everything you could for her and her life was full of love.
Play well at the bridge Peaches x

Silver
05-30-2013, 07:00 AM
So very sorry to hear of Peaches passing

Play well little one xxx

Gazmo
05-31-2013, 10:44 AM
what a lovely memorial for you girl, you remembered the good times :) thats always important

im sorry you had to lose her though

Sparkle
05-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Peachesmum
06-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you :) I'm still very sad :( I buried her along with her cheese block biscuit which she had half-eaten and I only gave her it just over 24 hours before she died! She loved all the extra treats she got in the last 2 weeks of her life, bits of strawberry and nectarine as well as daily cucumber pieces. She had stopped drinking so I kept her well hydrated :)

Petite1
06-02-2013, 01:54 PM
So sorry for your loss of Peaches, Play well at the bridge with Honey little one,x