PDA

View Full Version : Play safe, Marvin/Mud.

zebbecorn
05-23-2013, 01:56 PM
</3 My little girl died today about two hours ago. I only got her four weeks ago, too. Just a few days ago we realized that Marvin, was in fact a she! So we changed her name to Mud. She was a dominant spot Chinese hamster, approximately eight weeks old. Last night she got out of her change in the early afternoon. I was unaware of it for hours, and my cat had chased her into a corner. We found her and put her back in her cage with new water and food.

This morning I woke up and added some new bedding to her nest, because she felt a little cold. I made sure to close down my window as well. Early this afternoon, I went upstairs and brought her down. She was breathing very shallow and I was scared. About thirty minutes later with petting and snuggling close, she passed. I'm pretty sure the shock of her being out of the change and tormented by my cat killed her. :C

I miss her so much already.

souffle
05-23-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm so sorry that she met a tragic end. She could well have been in shock :(
Play well at the bridge Mud :(

Sanctuary
05-23-2013, 02:15 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, sorry for your loss <3

The Hamster's family
05-23-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm very sorry she had to leave you so quick... I hope you get to feel better soon... =(

Enjoy the Bridge, little one...

Annie xx

zebbecorn
05-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks guys.

Pompompoms
05-24-2013, 04:45 PM
:( I'm so sorry to read this, poor little Mud, play well little girl xx

Pamela
05-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Im so sorry for your loss. Baby Mud run free little girl...play with my Sammy and Benny x

Kaztrekie
05-25-2013, 01:55 AM
So sorry for your loss. Play well at the bridge little one with all the hamsters that have sadly left us lately :(

Petite1
05-25-2013, 12:22 PM
So sorry for your loss, say hi to Honey for me Play well at the bridge togetherx